22. The deepest regret part 1

Hello my fairies! This is a new chapter guys! I hope you enjoy.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The Rune He Can't Rewrite

Omniscient POV

(At the guild)

It has been 30 minutes since Loke brought Nicki to the infirmary when a scream came from there. Loke, Heart, Macao, and Makarov rushed to the infirmary. When they opened the door they saw Nicki, upright on the bed , with beads of sweat dripping down her face and the rest of her body and she was breathing heavily.

"Nee-chan! Are you alright?" Heart asked, frantically rushing to her sisters side.

Nicki tried to get her breathing to even out.

The rest also rushed to her.

As she finally managed to even her breathing. She looked at her friends and smiled.

"I'm okay guys. Don't worry about me. Just a dream." She said.

"What happened while I was out?" She asked, changing the topic.

"Nothing much. Gildarts left for his castle. Taiitsukun and the others went back to their world. That's just it." Loke said.

"What about the boys?" Nicki asked.

"Their roaming around around the guild hall. I didn't allow them to leave yet. Since there maybe more Devils around." Loke said and Nicki nodded.

"Can you take them here one by one?" She asked.

"Are you sure you're okay? You should rest more. You've just been in a battle for Christ's sake!" Heart exclaimed.

Nicki giggled and patted Heart on the head.

"I told you I'm fine. Stop worrying about me. Sometimes I doubt whose the older sister between to two of us." Nicki said.

"Please. You're more protective of me than our parents are." Heart said.

"So can you take them to me one by one. I want to talk to them individually." Nicki said. The others understood and left the room.

A few minutes later Freed entered the room.

"Nicole, thank god you're okay now. Right?" He asked. She nodded.

"So you wanted to speak to me." He said and has a huge guess on what's it about.

She nodded again and looked out the window.

"Remember when I first arrived at Fairy Tail?" She asked and Freed can't help but grin at the memory.

"How could I forget. You were the only one who could look at Evergreen in the eye without her eyeglasses. You were so hyper you stole her glasses and she almost turned everyone into stone." He said reminiscing the time like it was yesterday.

"Well, the moment I went to through the guild I was hoping you'll recognize me and come running to me and hugging me like you used to. I thought the spell wore off. But I think that when you went into the seven year sleep it also prevented the spell from wearing off. But you know what else I noticed?" She asked,

"What?" Freed asked.

"After the first day, you didn't really noticed me. You were always focused on Cana. Even if everybody didn't notice because they were to busy with whatever else they were doing, I noticed that almost always you're eyes always gazes at her. I knew for sure you were in love." She said.

Freed blushed bright red after hearing her say that. He didn't noticed how observant she was.

"I'm more observant than you think." She said and Freed's eyes widened again because he was sure he didn't say that out loud.

"I can defeat an army of Devils with as minimal magic as possible. And on top of that I'm the princess and future queen of all. Don't you think that one of my powers is mind reading?" Nicki asked as she saw Freed's perplexed expression.

"Oh right." Freed said realizing that simple detail.

"Yeah. Right." Nicki said.

"Anyways. I was sure you loved her. And being the kind little sister I am. I tried to give you a little push. Leaving subtle," Nicki paused when Freed gave her a look that told her that he knew the truth." Okay, not so subtle hints. I wasted a large amount of my valuable time thinking of ways to get you together--" Nicki continued but was cut off by Freed.

"You make it sound that we should be grateful that your matchmaking us!" Freed exclaimed.

"You should be! You should try to get together 10 couples at the same time. Especially if some of the boys are as dense as Natsu and as tsundere as Gray." Nicki said.

"Okay , what else." Freed said because he knows he can't beat a woman's logic.

"Anyways. I want to show you something." She said and then the book that Cana was supposed to give to him.

Freed took it and shock was what he felt when he took a good look at it. This is the book he was working so hard for. This the only book needed to complete his collection. But it's so rare and costs a fortune.
,
"This is the last book that I need for my collection. How did you get this?" He asked.

"Not me. Cana. She worked her butt off to be able to afford that. And she barely got any sleep for days trying to find it." Nicki said.

"Now do you understand why I'm so mad at you guys. The girls worked so hard to gather the things you like and their own courage to confess to you yet that all went down the drain because you didn't listen to me when I said that you shouldn't drink those juices." She said.

Freed was speechless. He couldn't believe Cana did all that for him.

"I don't deserve this." Freed said, about to give the book back to Nicki.

"Yes, you don't. Not yet anyways." Nicki said.

Suddenly the book levitated from Freed's hand and in was surrounded by a pale ball of light with ten black hearts on the surface.

"I will let you keep this. But you will not be able to use it." She said.

"So this will basically be a remembrance of my mistakes." Freed said.

"Yes and no. It will be a remembrance but when the time comes you will be able to use it. When all the hearts turn red the seal will be broken and you can use it. But you have to do things for the hearts to turn red. That's what I am able to tell you." She said.

"I see. Well thank you for letting me keep this." Freed said.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Hello my fairies. I'm so happy for myself that I updated on time. Thank you for the ones who stood by me on my long hiatus. And just continue on this story.