Chapter Nineteen

Twain "King" Wilson
The ride back to the trap was silent. The money was delivered and phase one was a success. Phase two probably won't commence for another few days. Or until I see it is best fit.

Once we were back in my office, all that was left was me, X, Lamar, and Capo. I had Malachi taken back to my second home and my father left hours ago. My arm swiped everything from the desk as my rage boiled over. "I'm going to kill that fucker," I growled.

"Twain we all want him dead but you need to-"

"The things he had the balls to say to me. How fucking dare he disrespect me and her. The things he had the nerve to say about her. I will cut his dick off and shove it in his mouth. Who's the bitch now. He's going to die," I declared.

"Twain, it's not worth the anger right now. You can't do anything about it until phase two goes into effect. Save what your feeling for when the time is right," Lamar consoled. I took in a few deep breaths and sighed.

"You're right. Alright. Go home and wait for my signal."

***
"Mami?" I called out. I began taking my shoes off when I heard the thumping of feet across the floor. I looked up to see Kehlani charging full speed toward me. Before I could even get my arms spread open wide she jumped and wrapped herself around me. I held her tightly and spun around in circles. "Hey beautiful," I whispered.

"Thank god you're okay," she sighed. "Everything went smooth?" She asked.

"Yeah it was aight. But we gotta be ready to move whenever it's time. Did you get your bag packed up?"

"Almost I was finishing up when you got here. Duke's upstairs sleeping." I nodded and grabbed her hand, bringing it to my lips to kiss.

"Aight mami lets get some rest just in case I send out word any time soon," I smiled. We headed upstairs to the bedroom where Duke lie at the edge, sleeping peacefully. We changed out of our day clothes and into sweats for the night. Once we were under the covers together I pulled her into my chest and held her to me tightly. "Goodnight mami," I kissed her forehead.

The next day things were eerily silent at the Trap. Moves were being made but nothing drastic had happened. Not even the slightest infraction had occurred.

I told Kehlani to just stay home and away from any of the Trap's. The last thing I want is for her to be involved in any mess or accidents. I also need to check on Malachi. He hasn't been answering my calls so he's ready when things pop off.

I walked into my office to find Capo sitting in silence, drinking. He said nothing as I approached him and sat beside him. "I can't stop thinking about how that bastard broke into my home. Tied up my wife and beat her. I should've killed him along with his men. She's never seen that side of me. I'm a coward," he whispered.

"Capo you're one of the strongest men I know."

"Don't sit there and lie to me T. You and I come from the same streets. You know me just like I know you. I tried to walk away from this life but we both know the only way out is death. I brought the only people I love into a bad situation. My wife, my kids. They don't deserve this," he broke down. "They're all I've got."

"Capo, we will protect your family. I promise you that."

"I'm supposed to protect them," he sobbed.

"And you are. Once Benzino's gone, life will go on without a synch. It's gon be okay Capo."

"I can't do this anymore Twain."

"I know. Which is why I want you to stay behind-"

"No. I'm not letting you go down T. We ride for each other. That's how it's always been. Regardless of how much I want out we in this together." He looked at my determined and nodded to confirm himself. I sighed and dapped him up. "You'll always be my brother Twain."