Chapter Three

Kehlani "Delicious" Jackson
My eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the light of the dimly lit room. I looked at the clock to see it was eight thirty in the morning. Groaning, I sat up and stretched my arms while yawning profusely. I was exhausted from being out with King until four in the morning. I've come to notice that he's extremely tight and keeps to himself which I can understand. This lifestyle is not forgiving and any sign of weakness, it will kill you dead and not think twice about it.

However I can't stop thinking about why he doesn't like to discuss his mother. I've come to terms with my parents fate so why hasn't he? I know everybody is different and grieves differently, but something about it seems deeper. Something just isn't-

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud banging on the door. I glared at it and retrieved my firearm located in the hole in my wall underneath my bed. I went to the opposite side of the door and pulled it open so it covered me. My gun was in my hand, loaded and ready to be fired. My finger danced across the trigger until I saw Kyrie come into view. I let out a noise of sheer disgust. Who the hell does he think he is? "What the fuck Kyrie I almost shot yo ass," I yelled.

"Where the fuck were you last night!" He screamed getting up in my face. He had lost his damn mind.

"I know you better get up out my face Kyrie!"

"I'm not gon' ask you again!"

"None of your fucking business!"

"You are my business! I'm in charge of all you bitches up in here! You could've got me killed! Where the fuck were you?!"

"First of all I'm not no fucking bitch. Second, I was with King you dick," I glared at him. I tried walking away but he seized my forearm and pulled me back towards him. He slammed the door shut and slammed me against the wall causing my gun to fly out of my hand.

"What the fuck were you doing with King, Delicious?" He growled. His hands went from my arms to my neck and started squeezing. I felt as if a boa constrictor was squeezing the life out of me. The more I breathed, the tighter his hold became. I tried to pry his hands from my neck but it just made things worse. I reeled my knee back and slammed him hard in his balls. He groaned in agony causing his grip to loosen slightly on my neck. I used all my force to push him back. Once he was far enough away, I swung at him. My fist connected with his jaw sending a shooting pain through my knuckles. He collapsed onto the floor and groaned.

"Stay the fuck away from me," I warned. I kicked him one good time in the ribs and left; slamming the door shut. I started to run down the hall to Yandi's room but halfway there I came to a halt. What am I doing? No weakness...

I spun back around and decided to head to the kitchen. Some of the girls were cookin up coke while others were counting money. I sighed and went to grab a bottle of water. I was starting to head back to my room, where I'm sure Kyrie was no longer located at, but accidentally ran into Tatiyana. From the way she was staring at my neck I knew he had given me bruises.

"Delicious what's-"

"Hey Tat. Wish I could talk but I have a feeling King is going to be calling a meeting today. Gotta get ready," I rushed out of my mouth and quickly walked past her. I could feel her eyes watching me as I ran into my room and shut the door. I sighed and started getting ready for yet another day.

***

As I predicted King eventually did call us to come in. Tat, Yandi, and I all decided to ride together in one truck. I sat in the back while Tat drove and Yandi rode shotgun.

"So, wanna tell us where the bruises came from?" Tatiyana asked as we came to a stop light.

"What bruises?!" Yandi snapped causing me to flinch.