Chapter Eleven

Kehlani "Delicious" Jackson
No. This couldn't be happening. I can't breathe. Dear god how is this possible? My lungs are burning. How?

"Malachi how did you- you're supposed to be-"

"I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but can we please head inside? I don't want to be spotted out here," he laughed anxiously. Twain helped me up the stairs and through the front door to the couch. Why me? Malachi sat across from me as Twain stood, kissed me on the forehead, and left. "You've done good for yourself Flower."

"Cut the bullshit Malachi. How are you alive right now?"

"I had to fake my death Lily."

"Bullshit you died right in front of me," I glared.

"I had to do it for reasons-"

"Yeah yeah yeah for reasons that I couldn't understand. There's nothing you can say that'll fix things or bring back the past."

"Lily-"

"My name is Kehlani Jackson," I snapped.

"No. You're still my flower."

"I wasn't your flower when you were beating on me. I wasn't your flower when you left me forever or so I thought. I'm nothing to you."

"I was on drugs back then Lil remember? I couldn't help-"

"You chose to live that life! You left me for dead Mal!" I screamed as tears fell from my eyes. I was reliving my nightmare all over again.

"Flower I'm sorry but I'm clean now. I can take care of you."

"You're sorry?! Sorry doesn't change the fact that you'd beat me every damn day! Sorry doesn't change the fact that you lied to me! It's too late for fucking sorry!" I screamed. "How are you even alive?"

"I told you I had to fake my death."

"That's fucking impossible. I watched you die in the explosion."

"No Flower I didn't die in that explosion. I had to get away from everything-"

"Yeah including me. You didn't give a shit about me. You never did. And stop fucking calling me flower. I ain't your damn flower," I snapped.

"Lily please, I love you."

"Get out."

"Lily-"

"I said get out! Stay away from me Malachi!" I walked over to the door and opened it motioning for him to leave. Sighing in defeat, he walked out the door. He looked back at me and his eyes held an emotional I couldn't read. I slammed the door and sunk to the floor with my head in my hands. Footsteps approached me as I sobbed into my palms. I felt Twain's comforting arms wrap around me tightly.

"I'm so sorry Kehlani," he whispered.

"I'm sorry that I've brought this upon you-"

"No don't blame yourself. This is not your fault K."

"No you don't know the whole story..."

Seven Years Ago
My mother would've been thirty five today. It was her birthday and she's been gone for a year now. I've been bouncing around from foster home to foster home. What can I say? That life just wasn't for me. I was made for these streets.

It was one in the morning and Mal and I were making a drop together. He's the one who got me started into the business when my mom passed. I needed the money, and Mal was always by my side through it all.