Chapter Twelve

Twain "King" Wilson
After K's confession I took her upstairs to the bedroom and let her rest. Her eyes were red from all the crying she did and I wanted her to relax for a while. That was too much for her to take in after just coming home from our long trip. I walked out of the house and locked the door behind me. It was time for me to talk to my father about this whole Carter Hemmings situation. I wouldn't be able to put it off much longer so might as well get it over with right now.

I hopped in the car and made my way over to his mansion about thirty minutes away. I stopped at his gate and showed my face to the camera. The gates opened and I drove straight through. I parked the car, headed to the front door, unlocked it, and stepped inside. The house was fairly quiet for a change. Usually when I come over here he's screaming on the phone, sleeping with some random ho, or doing God knows what else.

I walked into his office to find him sitting at his desk. He looked up towards me with a blank expression as he usually did. "Son, you're back. And I suppose you are here to discuss what I asked you earlier on in the week." He set his papers down and sat up straight in the chair. I didn't bother to sit because I know it would do me no good.

"Yes I am. So here's the question. Are you my real father?"

Kehlani "Delicious" Jackson
My eyes fluttered open as I woke up from a much needed nap. The other side of the bed felt cold, which means that Twain must have left. I sighed as climbed out of bed and walked into the closet to throw on some sweats, a tank top, and sneakers. Duke still needed picked up from Lamar's house so I figured I should probably do that.

I walked out to the garage and hopped inside the Range. I rode for about twenty minutes until I pulled up in front of Lamar's house. It wasn't as big as Twain's but it was fairly big. I knocked on the door and waited until he answered. Instead of his face, some random broad popped up on the other side. My face immediately went sour as she looked me up and down. "You must be the main bitch," she rolled her eyes.

"No but you must want to be a dead bitch the way you're talking to me," I snapped. I was not in the mood and not only that, but I was going to kill Lamar. Speak of the devil, he came rushing forward as he saw me standing there.

"Camella I told your ass to get out my house! And now you disrespecting my family? Bounce," he yelled. She pushed past me and stormed away to her car. I watched her pull off then turned my attention to Lamar. He backed up as he saw the anger in my eyes as I entered the house. "Look Del-"

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kick your ass," I growled.

"I ain't steppin out on Yandi. Camella is my ex girl. We broke up nearly a year ago because she was sleepin with every other nigga but me. I put that on my life."

"So you ain't cheating? Cause if I find out I will-"

"I promise you I ain't. You can ask Yandi. She already knows about Camella. I swear."

"Aight." He sighed in relief and nodded. A smile returned to his face as he looked at me. "What?"

"My nigga must've done something right cause you glowing," he joked. I sucked my teeth and punched him in the arm. "You ain't pregnant are you? Did he plant a seed?"

"No asshole. Now where's my baby?" I laughed. He showed me downstairs where Duke was sleeping on the couch. "How was he?"

"He did good. He a ball of energy but he did good." I nodded and smiled once I saw how happy he was to see me. I got on my knees as he tackled me, licking my face furiously. I laughed as he jumped all around playfully.

"Thanks for taking care of him," I smiled. He waved me off as I collected his things and walked him out to the car. He hopped in the passenger seat and I started it up. I waved bye to Lamar as I drove away and headed back home.