Chapter Thirteen

Kehlani "Delicious" Jackson
Monday came quicker than I expected. Nothing really happened on Sunday. Twain and I really just stayed home and enjoyed each other's company.

Work was still buzzing from the recent phase one attacks on the trap houses of the Martinez's. Not to mention that neither X or Twain knew who was taking money from underneath them. Hell I doubt Tyler knew either. Things had gotten even more hectic than they were before. I just want all of this to be over.

"Kehlani," someone called. I was in the middle of packaging our product when Zayana approached me. She had a smug look on her face with her hand on her hip. "Word is that you and King are a thing," she smirked. Awe damn here we go with this bullshit.

"Zayana that's none of your business."

"Actually it is my business. Considering how I've sucked his dick I would say he was my property before he'll ever be yours."

"Well seeing how he still never fucked you and it was before we got together, I frankly don't give a shit what you think. For starters if you haven't noticed, you used past tense. Because that's where he left yo ass. Also slaveries over sweetie you can't own people anymore. Lastly, stay away from him because if you even try to touch him I'll have your head mounted over a fireplace at your family's home. Now get away from me I'm trying to work," I glared towards her. Just then, Tatiyana and Yandi walked in the room. They saw how pissed she was and stood beside me.

"You good?" They asked in unison. A small smirk played on my lips as I stared her down. Without a doubt we were the baddest and can't nobody touch us. I nodded and she stomped away angrily. I rolled my eyes and got back to work. "Damn I can't believe she actually tried to come at you sideways," Yandi shook her head.

"What's done is done so let's just get back to it okay?" Tatiyana said. I nodded in agreement while Yandi cocked her head to one side.

"What's wrong witchu?"

"X been riding my ass since we pulled off phase one. Y'all got the easy weight but I got a lot of ish to take care of," she sighed.

"Well don't stress about it mamacita it's not worth it," I smiled. She returned my gesture and walked out with Yamdi. "Finally some peace and quiet," I mumbled.

"Does that mean I should leave?" Twain whispered in my ear startling me.

"Jesus King you almost gave me a heart attack."

"My bad mami watchu doin?" He looked over my shoulder.

"Just packaging up. What're you up to?"

"I needed a break from trying to find out who's stealing money," he sighed.

"I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. You have any idea who you think it could be?"

"Yeah I have my assumptions. But so far I haven't been able to try and prove them."

"Well just wait it out and then take action. You can't rush these things."

"I know babe and you're right. Anyways enough about all that, how's my lady doin?" He cracked a smile.

"I'm okay. Although yo lil girlfriend came in here tryna check me," I scoffed.

"Wait what? Who you talkin bout?"

"Lil miss Zayana. She came in here claiming you and shit. So I checked her."

"D, why even entertain her? You already got me," he laughed.

"It ain't about me having you it's about respect which she clearly doesn't have to offer. I've never cared for her. It was always just something about her that I could never quite figure out. Whatever what's done is done. We going out tonight or staying in?" I asked as I finished up my last bag.