41

( LILITH )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

      Sam, Elena and Dean lean over a map on the bed. Sam points at map where some areas are circled in red. "So these are all the cabins. Most of them have been abandoned for years. Dean: So what the hell are we waiting for?" He asks.

      Dean's phone rings. He answers. "Bobby." He says.

      "Hey. Think I finally got a bead on Bela." Bobby says.

      "I'm listening."

      "Rufus Turner." Bobby says.

      "Who's that? Like a Cleveland steamer?" Dean asks.

      "He's a hunter, or he used to be."

      "And now?" Asks Dean.

      "Hermit mostly. Does a little selling on the side. Anyway. I put the word out on Bela months ago. He just called. Said a woman got in touch, wanted to buy some things."

      "And he thinks it's Bela?" Dean asks.

      "British accent, went by the name Mina Chandler." Bobby says.

      "She's used that before. Well, it's kinda of a sloppy move, isn't it? Getting in contact with one of your old friends."

      "Friend? Haven't laid eyes on him in fifteen years. He's not the Christmas card type. I doubt she knows I know him. Canaan, Vermont." Bobby says.

      "Thanks, Bobby. We're on our way." Dean says.

      "One other thing. Take a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue."

      "Okay." Dean hangs up and turns to Sam and Elena. "Come on. We're going after Bela." He says.

      "What? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second." Sam says.

      "Come on. Get your stuff. The clock's ticking." Dean says.

      "Look, I think we should stay here and finish the case." Sam says.

      "You insane?"

      "Dean, there's no way she still has the Colt! That was months ago! She probably sold it the second she got it." Sam says.

      "Well, then I'll kill her. Win-win." Dean says.

      "Dean..." Sam starts.

      "Sam. We're going!"

      "No!" Sam yells and Elena looks at the two brothers.

      "Why the hell not?" Dean asks.

      "Dean, this, this here. Now. This is what's gonna save you." Sam says.

      "What? Chasing some Frankenstein?"

      "Chasing immortality." Sam says and Dean stares at him, startled. "Look, Benton can't die. We find out how he did it, we can do it to you."

      "What are you talking about?" Elena asks.

      "Dean has to die before he goes to hell, right? So, if he can never die, then..." Sam starts.

      "Wait, wait, wait. Wait a second. Did you know that this was Doc Benton from the jump?" Dean asks.

      "No." Sam says and Dean stares at him, tilting his head in a question. "Look, I was hoping."

      "So the whole zombie thing, it was lying to me?" Dean asks.