21

( NEW SAM )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

      Dean enters the room, frustrated, and removes his jacket. Sam is seated at the table, poring over maps. "Man, I must have checked three dozen motels, empty buildings, warehouses." Dean says.

      "Yeah, me too. Big city." Sam says.

      Dean washes his face in the sink. "It's like a giant haystack, and Gordon's a deadly needle. We're running out of daylight. Won't have the sun slowing him down." He says.

      "Yeah, he'll be unstoppable. Hey, give me your phone." Sam says.

      "What for?" Dean asks.

      Sam pulls out the SIM cards from his and Dean's phones. "Well, if Gordon knows our cell numbers he can use the cell signal to track us down." He says.

      "Oh, yeah, thanks." Dean says as Sam stomps on both phones as Dean looks out the curtains. Dean walks back with a sense of purpose. "Sammy, stay here."

      "What? where you going now?" Elena asks.

      Dean pulls the Colt out of his bag and checking it. "I'm going after Gordon." He says.

      "What?"

      "You heard me." Dean says.

      "Not alone, you're not." Sam says.

      "Sam, I don't need you to sign me a permission slip, okay? He's after you, not me, and he's turbocharged. I want you to stay out of harm's way. I'll take care of it." Dean says.

      "You're not going by yourself, you're gonna get killed." Elena says.

      "Just another day at the office. It's a massively dangerous day at the office."

      "So you're the guy with nothing to lose now, huh? Oh wait, let me guess." Sam says. "Because, uh, it's because you're already dead, right?"

      "If the shoe fits." Dean says.

      "You know what, man? I'm sick and tired of your kamikaze trip."

      "Whoa, whoa, kamikaze? I'm more like a ninja." Dean says.

      "That's not funny."

      "It's a little funny."

      "No, it's not." Elena admits.

      "What do you want me to do, Sam, huh? Sit around all day writing sad poems about how I'm gonna die?" Dean asks. "You know what? I got one. Let's see, what rhymes with "shut up, Sam"?"

      "Dude, drop the attitude, Dean. Quit turning everything into a punch line. And you know something else? Stop trying to act like you're not afraid." Sam says.

      "I'm not!" Dean yells.

      "You're lying. You may as well drop it 'cause I can see right through you."

      "You got no idea what you're talking about." Says Dean.

      "Yeah, I do. You're scared, Dean. You're scared because your year is running out, and you're still going to Hell, and you're freaked." Sam says.

      "And how do you know that?"

      "Because I know you!" Sam yells.

      "Really?" Dean asks.