15

( SHOOT ME DOWN )

HOSPITAL CORRIDOR
[ ☼ ]

      "Oh, heading this way? We'll walk with you." Dean says. "How long's Callie been like that?"

      "We don't mean to intrude, we can't possibly understand how hard it must be for you seeing her like this." Elena says.

     "It's not easy. She's uh, been here since she was eight years old." Garrison says.

      "That's when she was poisoned?" Sam asks.

      "Yes. Swallowed bleach. Never figured out how she got her hands on the bottle. My wife found her, uh, brought her to the ER here and I was on call." He says.

      "You're wife was uh, was that Callie's stepmother?" Dean asks.

      Dr. Garrison stops walking and looks at Dean. "Actually, yes. How'd you know that?" He asks.

      Dean shrugs. "Lucky guess." He says.

      "Well, Julie was the only mother that uh, Callie ever knew. My wife passed away last year and uh, it's just my daughter and me now. She's all I got left." Dr Garrison says. "Uhm, excuse me I gotta get back to work."

      "Yeah." Elena says.

      Dr. Garrison walks away. Sam and Dean share another look. "Well you're right. It's Snow White in spades." Dean says.

      "Yep. Step-mom poisons the girl, puts her into a deep sleep. What's the motive you think?" Sam asks.

      "Could be like Mischa Barton. Sixth Sense not the O.C." Dean says.

      "What?" Sam asks.

      "Hey, you know fairy tales, I know movies. She played the pasty ghost. You know the, uh, remember the mom had that thing you know, where you keep the kid sick so you get all the attention?" Dean asks.

      "Oh yeah yeah yeah, uh, Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy." Sam says. "Huh, could be."

      "So say all these years Callie's been suffering silently because nobody knows the truth about what mommy dearest did?" Dean asks.

      They all move to the hospital reception area. "And after all this time her spirit just gets angrier and angrier, until it finally just starts lashing out." Elena says.

      "Right. Meanwhile she has to listen to dad tell her these deranged stories about a rabid wolf or a cannibalistic old lady, it's enough to drive anybody nuts." Dean says.

      "OK, but how are we gonna stop her, I mean Callie's stuck here, her father's keeping her body alive." Sam says.

      "It does make it a bit hard to burn the bones." Dean says.

      "You think?"

      "Coming in!" The emergency doors open and Sam, Elena and Dean watch as EMTs bring in the Granny on a stretcher.

      "OK, what's her status?" The Doctor asks.

      "Seventy-two year old female, sustained multiple lacerations and puncture wounds. BP is eighty over forty and falling. Sinus tachycardia."

HOSPITAL ER
[ ☼ ]

      "Is that a bite?" The Doc asks.

      "Looks like she was mauled by a mad dog or, maybe a wolf?"

HOSPITAL RECEPTION
[ ☼ ]