4

( THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT )

      Dean and Elena are in a diner, waiting for Sam to come back with some research about any new omens. Elena watches as he eats his triple-stacked waffles with heavy syrup and whipped cream.

      "Do you even know how many calories are in that thing?" She asks him and he looks up at her.

      Dean points at her plain salad. "No, but I do know how many calories aren't in that. Guys like a woman who can eat." He says.

      "Hey. I can eat." Elena says offensively.

      "Alright." Dean says, disbelieving her.

      Elena stares at him for a moment, then turns to a waitress. "Um, excuse me? I would like a bacon cheeseburger " She turns to Dean, challenging him. "Extra fries."

      "Coming right up." The waitress says, then leaves.

      "Bacon cheeseburger?" Dean asks.

      Elena shrugs. "Why not? I mean, I only eat healthy when I'm around Sam. He hates it, I mean, look at you. You're about as healthy as a sugar coated donut." She says.

      "Very true." Dean says just as the waitress comes back with Elena's food.

      "Thank you." Elena says as the waitress nods and leaves.

      Dean smiles, squinting his eyes. "I bet you can't eat that in 10 minutes." He challenges.

      "That is so childish of you." Elena says.

      "Chicken." Dean mumbles.

      "Excuse me, what was that?" Elena asks.

      "I said, CHICKEN!" Dean yells.

      Elena places a napkin on her lap furiously. "I am not a chicken. Set your timer, Winchester." She says and Dean obeys.

      Minutes later, Dean is looking at his phone and back at Elena. "5...4...3...2..." Dean counts down. Elena stuffs her mouth with the leftover fries as the timer ticks down. She finishes just in time. "1!" Dean yells and Elena swallows.

      "I did it!" Elena yells and gives him a high five.

      The waitress comes over with an angry look on her face. "Could you keep it down, please? People are trying to eat here." She says as Dean looks at Elena.

      "I think that's our cue." Dean says.

      Elena and Dean get up and exit the diner. "What a bitch." Elena says and Dean smiles.

      "Great job with that cheeseburger." Dean says. "I'm impressed."

      "So what do I get from you for proving my point?" Elena asks.

      They begin walking down a street. "How about a friendly punch on the shoulder." Dean says and Elena thinks for a moment. She steps dangerously close to him.

      "I know what I want." She says.

      "Wha-what's that?" Dean asks nervously.

      "I want to be there for your. Through all of it. A friend." Elena says.

      Dean laughs. "I'm already your friend."

      "Yeah, my friend whom I barely know anything about. I don't even know your favorite color." Elena says.