Octavia Saves The Day

Chapter 21:
Octavia Saves The Day

CLARKE'S POV:

The next couple days go along quite smoothly. Octavia isn't much a hassle, except for her strong midnight eating habits and her constant clapping along to the Friends theme song in the middle of the night.

We get along great and she isn't even a bother at work. She stays in my office and continues her netflix watching and social media stalking. We go out and shop till we drop and model for Bellamy when he gets home.

He seems to just be protective of her, and that I can understand, I've had a few talks with him. We no longer let her take our dishes and we've refrained from letting her do our laundry, might as well not risk that.

It's her last day staying with us since she'll be returning to Seattle tomorrow.

In the morning, I curl my hair in our bathroom while he deals with paperwork at our desk in our room. He groans after hanging up on the phone and storms into the bathroom.

I laugh at his angry face," What's wrong, Mr. Grumpy?"

He grabs one of his baseball caps from our closet and places it on his head, backwards. He walks over to me and kisses my head," A shipment is running late and I might not be able to open up today."

" Which café?"

" The newest one. I'm going to have to drive to pick up the shipment myself." He walks into the bedroom and I hear him shuffling through drawers.

" I'm sure everything will be okay, you'll work it out," I say, calmly and positively.

" Don't you have a huge meeting today?" He asks.

" Yes, the pitch for perfume number two," I answer, eagerly. I finish with my hair and unplug the curling wand. I walk into our closet, searching through my clothes.

" When's that meeting? Do you want to do lunch?"

" I'm not sure I'll be able to, I'm double-booked on meetings today. My secretary took her vacation this weekend."

He sighs," What are you doing with Octavia today? Maybe she should just stay here then."

I begin to change into a black blazer, and I breath," Bellamy, it's her last day here. I don't just want her to sit in my office alone all day."

He shrugs," What do you want me to do? I'm not bringing her to work with me," he says sternly.

I stare at him through the crack in the door as I match the blazer with a casual business skirt.

He repeats," I'm not taking her to work with me. Absolutely not. I have so much work to be done."

I run my hands down the side of my body, perfecting any wrinkles or lines. I step out of the closet, carrying my heels. I give him a short glare before I sit down to place my shoes on my feet.

He groans," Clarke, she'll get in the way."

" I'm not saying you have to bring her with you, she could be beneficial and helpful. But you'll never know."

" Clarke-" he starts.

I shrug,"-You don't have to babysit her, I'm just  saying it'll be nice to actually spend time with your sister before she leaves again."