After-Party Lockout

Chapter 02:
After-Party Lockout

CLARKE'S POV:

Finn grips my hand, pulling us towards our car. Cameras flash and papparazzi call out our names. I stare straight ahead, too exhausted to answer them. Finn allows me to get into the car first, but pushes me over when he sits down next to me.

" Clarke, come on," he growls in annoyance.

" Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I explain softly, scooting over.

Kelly stares at her iPad, her glasses on the tip of her nose. She taps on the window and we're pulling away from the awards venue. Without looking up, she asks," Chancellos?"

Finn nods, smirking," Hell yeah," he squeezes his hand on my knee. I quickly push his hand away, smiling carefully.

" Kelly what do I have scheduled tomorrow?" I ask, leaning against the door, closing my eyes.

She groans," Hold on, dear, Kelly is doing something."

I open my eyes, giving her a little glare. She looks up, meeting my gaze.

Rolling her eyes, she nods," Fine, snap your fingers, one second," she clicks her long nails against the screen, answering," You have an interview at Rez Magazine at 9 sharp, then a lunch with Raven at Winchester's, and following that is a fitting for Henry Dylan's new line, and then a script reading for Sedona."

A loud crackle of rain is heard over the car, and a loud strike of thunder sounds.

" Is there an umbrella in here? I don't want to get drenched walking into the party," Finn whines. He mumbles something about his beautiful hair and I laugh to myself.

Kelly holds up an umbrella from next to her," You two can share," she says sternly, returning to her iPad.

The car is silent for the rest of the ride, I'm completely drained from the long day, and the idea of another one continuing tomorrow. Arriving at the restaurant, we slide out of the car. I stand closely to Finn, but his absentmindedly walking, I manage to still be getting rained on. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with him.

He walks away as soon as we step inside, leaving me with the soaked umbrella. I struggle to close it, getting help from a waiter. He takes it away and I make my way inside, looking for the closest bar. Nothing too strong, but anything is necessary right now. I just need to loosen up and have a good time. Take my mind off the stress and smile for pictures.

I find some old friends and old co-workers, making my way towards them with a big smile on my face. I stop, mid tracks, seeing Finn already on the dancefloor, dancing inappropriately with a random girl, her name unknown to me.

I chug the rest of my drink, taking a deep breath. I find myself at the bar again, sitting down on a stool. This isn't the first time Finn has done something like this, it's just unsettling to watch. He's already had a few drinks at the awards show, and I saw another in his hand. His loyalty is a little rendered when he's intoxicated.

I get a clear shot of Finn whispering in the girl's ear, she chuckles loudly, holding her stomach. I practically throw up just watching, getting light headed. I rise from my seat, the bartender asking," Are you alright, ma'am?"

I fake a smile, and nod once, moving along. I walk towards the back of the restaurant, exiting the party for some air. The door shuts behind me and I step away from the building, making my way to an empty bench hidden by the shadow of the roof. I examine the seat, finding it dry.

I sit down, hiding my face with my hands. Breath in and breath out, Finn will apologize in the morning when he's had time to relax and rest. Sobering up will do him good.