Brunch

Chapter 04:
Brunch

CLARKE'S POV:

I slowly awake from my slumber, feeling a hard substance against my body. At first, I was confused, waking up and not recognizing where I was. This definitely wasn't my apartment, my bed is much sturdier than this one. It smelled like my boyfriend's place, which I spend most nights at, but I knew it wasn't his.

And then I slowly let my eyes adjust to the bright lighting of the room, and I saw a black-haired, sleeping...beauty, next to me. He was cuddled into me like a small child, and his one arm looped around my waist. I hesitated whether or not I should stay here until he woke up, but remembering my plans for the day, I decided to slowly begin my journey home.

I carefully touched his large hand, picking it up and moving it away from my stomach. He growls, pulling me closer.

" You can't keep my hostage, some people have to work for a living," I tease, sliding out from under his hold. I step onto the floor, the cold and dusty, wooden floor.

I shriek at the cold surface, and Bellamy shoots up, rubbing his eyes," Are you okay?" He asks, worriedly.

I cover my mouth, hiding a laugh.

" What's so funny?" He now asks, completely confused at my sudden change in behavior.

" The floor."

" Why were you laughing," the corner of his lips turn into a slight smile, but curiousity a feature still held on his face.

" It's cold," I mumble, grabbing my belongings and gathering them into a pile.

" Where you going?" He sits up, running his fingers through his curly dark hair. It's a total mess, but it's attractive on him. I gain the slight desire to run my own fingers through his mane, but I withold the want.

I motion to the door," I should get going, I don't want to overstay my welcome."

" You're not at all, don't worry about it. Just wait a minute, I'll drive you, please." He quickly rises from the bed, throwing his covers and picking up a pair of jeans from the floor.

I step towards the door, looking away," No, please, I'll be okay, I will find myself a ride. I don't want to trouble you any further!"

He laughs, but continues to beg," Clarke, I'll take you home, it's the polite thing to do."

" I'm late for brunch, it's only a block or two away, I can manage on my own," I laugh, leaving the room. He follows shortly later, rushing around the room, collecting his keys, wallet, an old hat. He stops at the door, where I stand to grab my shoes.

He smiles," Then to brunch I'll drive you."

I roll my eyes, taking a deep breath," If you insist, but if I may be honest, I'm not late to brunch."

" Just give me an address," he sighs, desperately.

Once in the car, I direct him towards my apartment. At this time, I realize I've missed my interview, and I can hardly wait to hear the lecture from Kelly.

Pulling into the parking lot, I unbuckle my seat and take in all my things. I turn to Bellamy as he parks, and smile," Thank you, for all the help. Really, it's been nice."

He smiles back," Trust me, the pleasure is all mine. You're good company. I really like talking to you." It comes out in an innocent, friendly type of way, I know he only means as-a-friend.

I smile, opening the door and dropping a foot onto the ground. I get out of the car fully, and carefully shut the door, Bellamy's eyes on me. I lean down and he opens the window," How will we keep in touch?" He asks.