Shattered Plates

Chapter 20:
Shattered Plates

CLARKE'S POV:

Moving into the house and finally finishing unpacking, it's just been two weeks. Bellamy and I lay asleep, cuddled together, in our bed, in our room, in our house. It's crazy to think about, but I absolutely love it.

It's nearly one in the morning, no sun in the sky, and our newly installed home phone starts to ring. I jolt awake, sitting up. Bellamy groans, getting up to answer the phone.

I ask," Who is it?" He glances at the phone, reading the number. " Who is it?" I ask, again.

He scratches his head," I think this is Octavia's number."

" Why is she calling so late? Answer and put on speaker."

He answers the phone," Octavia, do you realize what time it is?"

" Oh, my bad, it's only like ten o'clock here. So, what are you doing?" She asks, cheerfully.

He sighs," I'm sleeping, you woke Clarke and I."

She gasps," I'm so sorry, I forgot we have a time difference. What time is it there in New York?"

Bellamy takes a deep breath. He's not much of a morning person. " Octavia, is everything okay?" He asks, ignoring her question.

" Yeah, everything is great. I actually called to ask you a question."

" O, if you're calling for money-"

She interrupts, annoyed,"-I'm not."

He shares a light laugh," Okay, what's up? I'd like to join my girlfriend in bed, make this quick, please."

" First off, gross. Second, I have next week off of school and I was wondering if I could come visit you, and your girlfriend."

Bellamy stares at me, as if I should make the decision. I decide to nod and he shakes his head. He cups the phone," Clarke, I don't think so."

" Why not? I'd love to meet her, and we have the room here. Bellamy, tell her yes."

He rolls his eyes, returning to the phone," Sure, why not."

She laughs," Awesome. I'll call you later, when you're awake."

" Fine, and don't call on the home phone," he says.

She laughs again," I thought it would be cool. Okay, goodnight. Tell Clarke I said 'see you soon'."

He nods," I will, goodnight." Bellamy hangs up and sets the phone down. He makes his way to the bed and I open the covers for him to get in and lay with me. He pulls me into him," You'll regret this."

I playfully smack his arm," Oh stop it, she's your family."

He rolls his eyes," I can't wait."

I smile," That's the spirit."

Picking Octavia up from the airport and meeting her, we bring her back to our home. We get her settled in the designated guest room and give her a tour of our humble abode. We sit in the dining room for dinner, chatting and having a good time.

I seriously don't know why Bellamy said I would regret this, she's a lovely young girl.

I twirl some spaghetti noodles with my fork, glancing at Octavia," So, what are your plans for the weekend? Bellamy and I have work, but maybe you'd like to join me?"

She smiles," I don't want to intrude. I could stay here and help with laundry, I'm really good with laundry."

I laugh, looking at Bellamy's wide eyes. " The last time you did my laundry, O, you made everything pink," he shares.

Octavia shakes her head," I was barely twelve when that happened. I've learned better since then."

" Would you like to go shopping some day, Octavia? I know a lot of good stores you may like," I offer.

She nods," Sure, that'd be nice. Hey, do you guys have a gym nearby? I like to workout."

I look at Bellamy, waiting for him to answer. He shakes his head," I'm not really sure."

Octavia shrugs," I'll just stay here then, I could catch up on my netflix. Can I borrow your password for that?"

Bellamy laughs to himself," You're just going to sit around on your week off?"

She glares at him," It's just a break, college is stressful; I need time to relax."

I nod," A week off from work and stress is fine. Nothing to be ashamed of, Octavia."

She smiles," Thank you."

Bellamy rolls his eyes at me and stands up," Are you ladies done? I'll take your plates into the kitchen."

Octavia rises from her seat," No, allow me. I'm the guest, let me help, please."

I give Bellamy a shrug of approval and he hands her our plates. She leaves to the kitchen and I smile.

Bellamy groans," Clarke, if we allow her to sit around all week, she will do just that."

I nod," And what's wrong with that?"

" She's not a very motivated young girl, she can't sit around all week."

I roll my eyes," She seems to just need some time-off, Bellamy. Be nice," I say sternly.

He nods," Of course." He kisses the top of my head and I hear a clash of broken dishes come from the kitchen. Our heads shoot up to face the noise then our eyes meet each others. Bellamy swears under his breath and I hurriedly follow him to the kitchen.

Octavia stands there around our shattered plates with a worried expression," I'm so sorry. I didn't see the little stool right here."

" That's my fault, I must've left it in the way," I say, moving to the broken pieces on the floor.

Bellamy holds me back," No, this isn't your fault, Clarke. Octavia needs to be more careful and cautious."

Octavia frowns," I'm sorry, I'm so clumsy."

Bellamy groans to himself," Clarke, can you just give her, her sheets for the bed. I'll clean this up."

I nod, holding out my hand for Octavia. We leave the kitchen and quietly head upstairs. This'll be a long week.

Author's Note:

Please don't be upset with the little changes in Octavia's personality. I think it fits right now with Bellamy being the older adult and the need for him to treat her like his younger sister.

I hope you liked this chapter because it was funny to write, I don't know why. Leave comments below, I love responding (-:

XOXO Happy New Years to those who celebrate, Lanie