Ours

Chapter 17:
Ours

CLARKE'S POV:

Returning to New York, work was waiting for me. Papers on papers, meetings scheduled all week and many business deals to attend to, I haven't seen Bellamy in 6 days.

We've talked on the phone but it's just not the same. We're having dinner tonight with my friends Raven and Wick. They're also a couple, so it's a simple double-date at Bellamy's place.

I can't wait to see my bestfriend and my boyfriend, it's been too long.

On my way out of the office, it's around six and the sun is slowly dimmed, ready for a sunset. My phone starts to buzz, startling me. I reach into my purse for my ringing phone as I make it to my car.

" Hello?" I answer.

" Hello, dear. How's your day?"

" Hey, Mom. My day...was busy," I sigh," lots of papers and meetings. How about you?"

" Mine was fantastic, I went out to brunch with the girls from the country club and tonight we're going dancing!"

I laugh," That's great, Mom."

" How's Bellamy? I miss him, why don't you two come for dinner soon?"

" That sounds nice, I'll ask him when I see him later. I haven't seen him since he surprised me in California."

" Well, how come?"

" I've been working, Dad would be proud."

" I'm not! He was always involved in work and we fought about it many times before, I'm sure you remember."

" Of course I do, Mom."

" You promised, taking over the company, you wouldn't be wrapped up in work," she says, sternly.

" I know, I know."

" Then how come you haven't seen him?"

" I have been working, I'll admit, but I'm also living in my apartment."

" You don't visit him? Or stay there some nights? Clarke-"

"-We're taking things slow."

" Life is too short to take things slow. You want to be with him, so be with him. Why wait, honey? Do you know how long your father and I were together before we married?"

" 5 months," I answer.

" You're right, and we lasted as long as we could. Take things to the next step, and be together."

" I'll consider your advice, Mom. I have to go, have a good night of dancing."

" I only wish for you to be happy, my dear. Thank you, have a good night." She hangs up and I begin to drive home. Quick stop to get ready and then I'll head to the party at Bellamy's.

I knock on the door, eager to see Bellamy. He yells," Come in!"

" It's locked, babe."

He rushes to the door and I smile, seeing him. I jump into his arms and bury my head into the crook of his neck. He holds me back, kissing my head," I missed you," he mumbles.

" I missed you too," I smiled. He set me down and then shut the door. I walked into the house, setting down some wine for later.

" Wine?" He asks, his eyes raised.

" For Raven and I," I smile. I spin around and lean against the counter, gazing at him walking towards me. I smirk," I like this collared shirt," I compliment, pulling him close.

He smirks back down at me, our lips brushing against each other," Oh, do you?"

I nod, kissing him once.

He pulls away," Okay," he sighs.

" Something wrong?" I ask.

He sets his hands on my waist, and shakes his head," No, I just have something I wanted to talk to you about. Before our friends got here," he answered, nervously.

" Okay, go on. Don't be nervous, you can tell me."

He nods," I know-" Bellamy is interrupted by a knock at the door. He closes his eyes and frowns," Later then?"

I shrug," Okay, sure."

He takes my hand and we walk to the door. I stand beside him as he opens the door, revealing Raven holding a platter of guacamole and chips, and Wick holding a case of beer.

Bellamy nods," Yes, I like this guy already."

They introduce themselves and then Wick comes inside. The boys head to the kitchen, talking about sports.

I shriek to Raven, giving her a big hug and taking the platter from her. She smiles, looking around the house," Nice house you two have here."

I laugh," It's just Bellamy's."

Her jaw drops and she furrows a brow," You're not living together? I thought you were."

I shake my head," You don't think it's too soon?"

" No, not at all. I'm surprised you two aren't moved in together."

" How's living together for you and Wick?"

" Wick and I have been great, we actually just finished decorating. We have all of our furniture and details, you'll have to come by soon. You know, when you're not working."

I laugh," That sounds great."

Bellamy comes into the living room, holding our wine, smiling," What are you ladies talking about?"

Wick follows behind, holding his beer," Rav, did you tell her already?"

She shakes her head," We said we would share it together!"

He smiles, joining her on the couch. I sit beside Bellamy taking my wine glass from him. I hand Raven her glass and she hands me Bellamy's beer. I hand it to Bellamy, and then smile," Okay, so do tell your news."

Raven glances at Wick and he waves his hand, giving her the go-ahead.

She smiles," Okay, so Wick and I are very happy to tell you guys, we're...pregnant."

While sipping on my wine, I cough, choking on the liquid. Bellamy rubs my back, laughing," That's amazing, guys. Congratulations, Raven, Wick."

Wick nods, smiling at Raven with stars in his eyes. It's clear to see how happy and in love they are.

I gather myself and sit up," Raven!"

She nervously smiles," Yes?"

" I-I...I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" I shriek, jumping up to hug her. She laughs at my reaction and I feel excitement run through my veins. I was just surprised. My bestfriend is having a baby!

Throughout the night, I stare at Bellamy, smiling at him. Someday, that will be us.

Author's Note:

What a cute chapter!!!

What do you think Bellamy wants to ask Clarke? Hmm find out soon (-;

Lanie XOXO