Recovering

Chapter 16:
Recovering

CLARKE'S POV:

After a few long weeks of simple dates, innocent overnights and dinners with my family, Bellamy and I are at a better point in our relationship. It's now passed the holidays and I have an interview with Ellen Degeneres.

I was scheduled an interview to discuss a new line of perfume, under the name of my company, but it was designed by me. I've been prepared with questions and answers and prepped with hair and makeup.

I'm cued to go on stage, and I walk on, smiling and playing along with the music playing. I wave at the crowd and smile to Ellen. I shake her hand and then we hug.

I wave again to the cheering audience and sit down on the couch. The cheers quiet down and Ellen smiles to me," Welcome, this is your first time here!"

I smile," Yes, thanks for having me. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time."

She laughs," Well we met before, at a runway show, I remember you sat behind me."

" Yes, I remember that. You and Portia were so nice to me," I smiled.

She smiles," I don't know if you know this, but Portia and I took a selfie that night, and when I found out you were there, I noticed you were in the background. Can we pull it up?"

The picture displays on the large screen and I laugh, hysterically at my reaction. I was photobombing with my tongue sticking out. I shake my head," I don't remember doing that," I continue laughing.

She nods," Yeah and at the time I didn't know who you were, so I was very confused."

I glance at the screen again, laughing at myself," I remember actually feeling very accomplished. I got in Ellen's selfie! Because you know I missed that one at the Oscars."

She laughs," Yeah, this makes up for it."

" It definitely does, you should frame that."

" I should frame that," she laughs with a nod. " So I have some magazines here, and a few questions about them."

I cover my mouth," Oh no, that can never be good."

She laughs, picking them up from the table beside her. She holds them up while photos appear on the large screen. It's a papparazzi photo of Bellamy and I leaving a fancy restaurant. Bellamy's face is covered and I'm looking away as we push through the crowd to our car.

Ellen asks," Who is this mystery man?"

I stare at the picture and smile, remembering the amazing night. " He's my boyfriend, actually," I answer.

She nods," And where's he from? What's his name?"

" He lives in New York, his name is Bellamy Blake," I find myself blushing and smiling uncontrollably.

" Did he come to California with you?"

I shake my head," Unfortunately, he couldn't. But I'm flying back home tonight and I can't wait to see him."

" I have more questions for you, we'll be back." The show shoots to commercial, but I continue talking with Ellen. She whispers," Next time we should bring him here on the show."

After we return from commercial, I'm asked questions about my new perfume and Ellen sends a new sample with the whole audience. After more questions about the new company and taking ownership, I leave the show and head to lunch/early dinner with my crew that traveled with me.

Afterwards, I tiredly walk into my hotel room, dropping my bags and letting out a large sigh.

" Come to bed baby," I hear in a familiar voice. The shades are closed and the lights are off, so I can't see anyone, but I know that voice. I gasp as I flick the light on and Bellamy lays in my hotel bed, with pjs, and no shirt. He covers his eyes and groans," Hey, turn the brightness down."

I turn off the light and then pull my shoes off. My feet feeling free and refreshed again. I hurdle myself to the bed, taking off my dark jeans and my blazer. Leaving me only in my underwear, tank top and bra.

I slip under the covers and cuddle next to him, pulling myself closer.

He kisses my head, softly," You've been so stressed lately with the perfume, I thought I'd join you for the day in the East Coast."

I kiss his cheek, looking up at him as my eyes adjusted to the dark. I breathed," This is perfect."

" What do you want to do?"

I sighed," Let's just sleep, babe." I closed my eyes and curled up.

" We can stay in bed all night or we can-"

"-Stay in bed all night. Please, I just need to relax."

He smiles, resting his head on mine," Okay." We fall asleep together, and it's just perfect.

Author's Note:

This is NOT the ending.........but I feel it coming shortly.

Short chapter before I head off to school today, UGH Tuesdays!!! Have a good day everybody!

XOXO Lanie