Red Carpet Shenanigans

Chapter 01
Red Carpet Shenanigans

CLARKE'S POV:

I slipped on my two-inch heels and then closed my eyes. I was mentally preparing for a night in a shoe size smaller than my own feet. My publicist starting a rant about edicate and behavior, but I let it all pass through one ear and out the other. I was use to this. The press, the cameras, the name-calling, picture-taking, and rules of the red carpet. I already knew where to look, what to do, and what to say during those quick interviews. Although I wasn't a fan of red carpets, or any color for that matter, I did it because I was suppose to. Being a successful actress and also having the father of a major fashion business, has it's pro's and con's. This definitely being a mixture of the two.

My boyfriend, a famous fashion model, Finn Collins, practiced smiling in the mirror. He kept fixing his long hair, staring at himself with desire. He lived for pictures, and was practically born to be in the limelight. He becomes a different person out there, but his excitement was always cute.

The car stopped abruptly, and I knew it was time.

I smiled to my publicist, Kelly, nodding," I can handle it, don't worry." I set my hand on her shoulder, trying to de-stress her.

She rolled her eyes, giving me an encouraging touch on my shoulder," You're right. You got this," she explains, more trying to convince herself rather than I. She takes a short breath and flashes a smile, nodding," Okay, you go get 'em, Tiger. The people are ready for you!" She knocks on the window, while I scooch over towards the door, getting in position to leave.

Finn exits the car first, buttoning the middle of his suit and holding out his hand. I let out one foot, then take his hand, standing up and smiling for the press. Finn wraps his arm around my waist, forcing us along. We stop here and there, as he smiles and poses for everyone. He waves at all the cameras and blows kisses to the fans. I fake a smile, posing as I do and moving along. At the end of the carpet, I begin to sign autographs and talk with the fans and reporters.

Finn hurries towards me, gripping on my arm," Come on, babe. We need to get to our seats."

I nod," Okay, just a minute, please," I say, finishing a signature.

He laughs," Clarke, babe, please. We must be going, really." He waves towards the door, still trying to grip my arm. I let his hand fall, and finish my conversation. I hand the pen back to the girl, and smile for a picture.

I blow a kiss," You all look so beautiful tonight, thanks for coming out!" I follow Finn through the doors, taking orders from the security standing around. Finn lays his hand on the small of my back as we walk towards our seats.

He kisses my cheek, and whispers," No one looks as goregous as you tonight."

I start to blush," Thank you." We reach our seats, and I sit down inside the aisle. Finn sits on the outside of the aisle, looking around at all the different guests. We hold each other's hands on the arm rest, taking a look at the stage.

As Taylor Swift walks by, Finn rises, taking her hand," Ah, Taylor, look at you! Absolutely stunning, all eyes are on you!"

She blushes, thanking him.

I smile from my seat, never meeting Taylor ever before. Finn knows her from a fellow photoshoot they've done in the past. I stand up, watching the interaction between the two. Taylor is rushed away, and Finn returns to his seat. He smiles to me," This is amazing, isn't it?"

I fake a smile, nodding in agreement.

He looks away, amazed at the lights and decorations. Celebrities walk along, and cameras move through the air.