Lean On Me

Chapter 08:
Lean On Me

CLARKE'S POV:

I turned back around, storming back up the stairs and to Bellamy's door. It opens before I even reach it, and I hear a faint," Clarke."

I hide a smile as Bellamy stands in the doorway, he holds out his hand, and allows me inside again.

" You don't get away that easily, mister. Okay?"

" Yes," he laughs.

" No, I get to do the talking now. I'm angry, with you, so so angry." I throw up my hands, putting space between us. A scowl crosses over my face and I feel myself looking angry.

He nods," I know."

I shush him," Please, let me talk. No interruptions." I breathe," It's not fair that you didn't give me a fighting chance. We would've been so good together. You have to work at relationships. You can't just walk out on them every time something goes wrong!"

He sighs," Are you done?"

I take a deep breath and nod," Yes. I'm done."

He nodded, looking at the ground," I didn't think you'd come back."

" I didn't think I would either," I say, twirling my fingers, nervously. We stand in silence for a while, us both trying to avoid eye contact.

" Clarke," he starts, taking a moment to think.

I interrupt," Please, just be honest with me. That's all I ask."

" I'm not good with relationships, never have been. There's a lot about me that you don't know, and that's not your fault, I'm reserved and I keep myself private. It's how I've always been." He breathes again," I feel myself slipping; I feel myself giving you more and more parts of me, and I'm scared."

" Scared of what?" I ask, desperately.

" I'm scared of hurting you."

" So the way you get closer with a girl is by pushing her away? That's an interesting strategy," I respond, crossing my arms.

" You're angry, I get it," he says, a light laugh in his tone.

" I'm not angry, I'm hurt. Bellamy, I felt something with you. Something, I've never felt with anyone before."

" Me too," he says, scratching his head. " Don't you have to be going?"

I roll my eyes," Stop, stop doing that. Don't push me away," I walked towards him, and I notice him tense up. I whisper, gently," I don't think you understand, I would drop everything. I would throw away my life to be with you. I would give up my whole world if it meant I could be a part of yours." I reached him, and immediantly, the empty space between us was gone.

He looked down at me," I have to tell you something."

I pulled myself away, and hid my face," I don't want to hear it." I looked at him, and shook my head," No, please."

He shook his head, and tugged on my hand. He pulled me into him, and I hid my face in his shoulder.

" Bellamy," I mumbled. I wasn't ready for whatever he had to tell me. I love him, and I don't want this to end. I want him, I don't want to lose him.