25) White Girls and Barbados

Fatima

I had a long day ahead of me. Someone I ended up with three cases at the same time. I knew it was just my boss testing me. So Imma make sure not to disappoint.

"Ms. McCallister Mr. Kroger is waiting for you in the meeting room with the lawyers"

" Thank You Catherine I'll be taking care of it be taken care of it"

I went in and dropped my briefcase. No. This can't be happening. I'm dreaming.

"Well look at Fatima all bossed up and shit" He said.

"What's going on" Mr. Kroger said

"You hired a phony ass lawyer" he said.

"Can we get this meeting started" guys lawyer said.

"Ms. McCallister? Are you okay?" Mr. Kroger asked.

"Jakoby?" A name I thought I would never say again

"So the bitch speaks" he answered.

"Mr. Kroger I'm sorry but I don't think I can take this case" I said almost at tears.

"Ms. McCallister please" he pleaded.

"Are we having a meeting or not?" JaKoby lawyer asked with an attitude.

"Yes we are." I picked my stuff up and gather my thoughts

"Good" he said.

"Mr. Kroger has been watching the child since birth and according to your client criminal records the state will show that you're client is an unfit father. So my client is willing to give weekend visits to the father" I said getting straight to the point

"You really wanna talk about records" Koby said.

"My client wants full custody." His lawyer stated.

"Then I guess we'll let the judge decide. See your court" I said dismmising them.

"I'll see you soon baby girl" he said licking his lips as him and his lawyers left

"Care to explain" his dad asked.

"I was with your son for a long time. He did me wrong. Left me with child to raise. Don't tell him about that I beg you" I said .

"He doesn't know"

"No"

"Good. It's bets for the child. I'll like to meet the child"

"That can be arranged. I can't believe I never met you. I'm so sorry about that scene. "

"As long as you get me Demetri I'll be fine"

"Alright. I'll call you when we get a court date. Until then here. These papers are too let you have Demetri until then" I said

"Thank you. And I'm sorry for whatever my son put you through" he said before leaving.

I quickly went back to my office and broke down. All those thoughts and feeling and hurt just came rushing back. I thought I ran away from him.

"Fatima?" I looked up and saw it was Farrah.

"What do you want?" I said wiping my eyes.

"I come in peace. Now what's wrong?" She asked.

"Like you care"

"I'm here and I asked so answer please"

"It's Jakoby"

"You're still messing with that man. Are you serious!" She yelled.