"Father, can I go to the town square for a while?" I shifted in my seat and looked up to him expectantly.

"And why is that?" He glared at him like a hawk watching his prey.

"Nothing, I just want to stroll around and have some fresh air. Please?" I gave him a pout like a lost child as I clasped my hands together. His forehead crinkled and hesitated for a moment but nodded in the end.

"Fine but right after you put your clothes in the cabinet of your room."

"Thanks father!" I gave him a quick peck on his cheek and subsequently went to the room where I will stay with the suitcase on my hand. When I have arrived in my room, I did what I was told although I left the blue dress on the bed because I decided to wear it before I go to the town square. After changing and fixing myself, I snatched my straw hat with me then walked out of my room and also the house itself. The town square is not that far so I put my straw hat on and giddily walked under the bright sun.

As expected, the town square is lively as ever wherein plenty of children playing around the cobble stoned streets. Merchants trying to sell their goods or others giving some service; street performers doing amazing tricks or dancing with lively music and lastly, the residents busily buying or rather gossiping around. As I scanned around the area, my eyes landed to a certain stall close by displaying delicious food I've never seen. I didn't hesitate to come close and gawked at the delicate pastries and desserts.

"Good day young lady! Please buy our finest food in the town square coming from the South, you won't regret it." The merchant beamed a smile at me.

"Hmm..let's see I'll just take that one please." I picked the small chocolate sponge cake. It might be expensive but believe me, it's not a problem because we're wealthy enough and my father owned lots of lands in our estate.

"Good choice. Here enjoy yourself." I handed the money and in return the sponge cake I want.

"Thanks!" I didn't contain my excitement so I immediately ate it and tasted the exquisite rich flavor of chocolate. While enjoying my sponge cake, I noticed a tall tower far away in the forest.

"Excuse me, do you know who owns that tower over there?" I asked curiously.

"Pardon?" The merchant furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"There in the middle of the forest. It's really marvelous." I pointed then the merchant turned his head to the forest and the said tower outside the walls. His face turned grim when he returned his look at me.

"Are you new here perhaps by chance?"

"Well quite, just staying here for a vacation." I replied. The merchant then gestured me to draw my face closely to him.

"You see, there are strange kidnappings happening around and rumor says it was the witch who's responsible for it. He lives in that tower and anyone who dares to enter the forest will be brewed and eaten by him in exchange for immortality." He explained in a low voice.

"He?" Don't get me wrong but I really thought witches are female only.

"Don't be stereotypical, yes and don't be fooled by his looks because they say he looks quite attractive for a witch and use it to lure them especially women." I gulped hard and felt the hair rises on the nape of my neck.

"So if I were you I would rather stay away in that forest." I responded in a nod.

"Thanks for the advice then." I quickly walked back to grandma's house because it's getting late and I could see the sun slowly setting down. I can even sense the cold breeze brushing off to my hair and face.

"I'm back!" I opened the door as I panted hard to catch my breath.

"Just in time. Dinner is ready dear." Grandma said from the kitchen so I went in to sit and eat.

"So how's your walk?" She asked in delight. She never gets tired from being energetic despite her old age.

"Good." I replied casually. There was a silence afterwards where only the sound of forks and knives can be heard until I remembered something that intrigued me.

"Grandma, are you aware there's a witch living in the forest near here?" She stopped eating and looked up at me.

"Are you talking about the tower?" I nodded in response to her question.

"Yes though it's just a rumor. The knights and bishops had already gone in there and found nothing but that was 5 years ago. However, strange disappearances are still happening a lot lately."

"Don't tell me you have the intention to explore and investigate in there?" Father suddenly intervenes to our conversation. He knows me quite a lot since I love having adventures and investigate any mystery that piques my interest. Probably because I was influenced by the books I read back then.

"N-no I was just curious that's all." I protested though I have the feeling inside me that I want to.

"You better be or else I would rather throw you in the sea than letting you be kidnapped." He gave me a warning look.

"Alright I get it father!" He didn't mean it he just likes to make mocking comments. We continued eating and were left again in silence.

After our meal finished, it was my turn to collect the dishes to clean it. Moments passed and done with the chores, I decided to take a bath and change my clothes too. I blew the oil lamp and laid down to my cozy bed, in momentarily, I felt my eyes heavy until I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

This is actually based on my dream about Jungkook that I got this idea.

Gladly accept any critic comments and votes.

Update: There might be grammatical errors, plot holes, inconsistencies, and things that doesn't make any sense in this fanfic. I wrote this when I was a teen like years ago (2016) so I don't know what's coming in my mind that time, and just wrote whatever I feel and like.