Chapter 37.

"You'll never feel alone, I'll make this feel like home."

-Home – One direction.

Audery's P.O.V.

Ethan was becoming unbearably .. a teenager.

Always on his phone. Wouldn't take a word from me. Always pissed off. Always moody.

And I didn't even know If It was from what happened last year on his birthday or was it just a stage.

Of course, like any person, I knew he was going to be a little .. different at this age. But, not that much.

I sighed as we sat down to eat our breakfast in an eerie silence other than the sound of the t.v playing in the background.

"Ethan."

"Yeah?" Answered Ethan In a monotone.

"What's wrong?"

"My headphones."

I huffed, in disbelief and irritation. What the hell was wrong with him?

"You better talk in a more respectful way, Ethan." I warned.

He said nothing as he got up and went to his room. I constantly asked him what was wrong and he always had a witty remark to say, not once answering me truthfully. I was almost tired, that I didn't know what was wrong with him this past few months. He looked like he was depressed.

I even asked Lucie, If this was happening with Matthew, she said It, indeed, was. But, not like It was with Ethan, Matthew was moody but, days and days, unlike Ethan. Moments and moments.

I took a deep breath and decided to get up and talk to him, mother-son talk. I knocked on his door three exact times before I heard a faint 'come in.' I entered slowly, cautiously almost.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked softly but tried to keep a stern tone in my voice.

He put his phone on the side table and turned to look at me again. "Yeah, sure."

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean.. you've been so off lately, more moody than normal, you don't talk to me, you don't want to go to school, you don't want to eat. You just always want to be alone. At first, I thought It's okay, leave him alone for a while, but, I'm getting worried Ethan. What's wrong? Did I do something?"

He shook his head with a frown. "No mum, you didn't. It's nothing really."

"No. No, it's not nothing if it's bothering you."

He sighed, ran his hands over his face before answering me. "I honestly don't know. I just feel.. drained. I don't wanna talk, I don't wanna go anywhere, just alone in my bed along with my headphones and books."

I didn't really know what to say, I tried to think of something smart and motherly. But all that came out was "I understand, I just don't want you to be like that.. is there anything I can do that can make you feel better?"

He smiled a soft smile then with a shake of his head he said, "No mum, thank you."

I nodded awkwardly then got up, deciding to leave him alone and think about it in my room. If there was anything Ethan got from me, it was definitely the need to be alone sometimes, and I understood that.

Before I fully close the door, I turned to him and said the only words I hoped to make him feel a little better. "I love you Ethan."

"I know. I love you too mum."