Chapter 10

"Loneliness is the ultimate poverty."

-Pauline Phillips

Audery's P.O.V

I was cuddling with Adam again. Finally. It felt like home In his arms.

I was so happy, so relieved he had come back again. I looked up at him,"I missed you." I exhaled.

"I missed you too, so much." He breathed in my hair.

He kissed my forehead, then flashed me a smile of his countless contagious smiles, that I of course returned back. He had that look In his eyes, the kind of look that showed much so much appreciation and love. And I absolutely loved it.

"I'm hungry." He said out of the blue.

I laughed softly then got up and pulled him with me to prepare any kind of lunch. I would do anything as long as he was with me. I just woke up and found him so I wasn't gonna waste any time I could've possibly had with him.

"Well, what do you want to eat?" I asked him. Practically staring at him.

"Anything really, let's just make mac and cheese." He told me softly like he would always do.

"Okay."

We started preparing It and It took us exactly forty five minutes and we were ready. I didn't eat much though, I guess I didn't realize the fact that he was back.

"You know you have to eat audery, right?" He leaned forward and smiled at me, brushing his cheek with his thumb.

"Yeah, yeah." I blushed a little then looked at the ground.

"So what are we doing after lunch?" He asked.

"I don't know, we can just have a movie night and cuddle."

"Yeah, I like that."

After eating we washed the dishes together then decided to have Disney marathon, then we made popcorn, brought a blanket on the couch that we had already turned to bed to cuddle, and started the marathon.

Suddenly, he looked at me with tears In his eyes and a frown on his lips.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked him worriedly, what could have possibly happened In those few hours to make him cry?

"I'm sorry audery, I'm sorry."

I was about to ask why he was sorry but I stopped when he got up and started walking to the front door, I started understanding the truth that was stabbing my heart, that he was leaving.

"No, Adam, where are you going? Why are you leaving?" I asked wit tears already In my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'll miss you." He kissed my forehead while crying then literally ran out the door and locked It from outside.

"No, Adam, wait." I shouted at the top of my lungs.

I just kept crying until everything started to fade away little by little, then everything went black.

**

I snapped my eyes open and looked around frantically, only to realize I was dreaming. He didn't come back. I groaned a little then started crying softly, then the little cries eventually turned to loud sobs and I was chocking on my own breath. It was painful, I would always dream about Adam, about him being with me like nothing ever happened, and I would usually wake up smiling.

But I never dreamt about him leaving me.

The sun was out that day, and the weather was perfect, everything was perfect, the complete opposite to my Internal feelings.

At Lastजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें