Chapter 30.

"We must welcome the future, remembering that soon it will be the past; and we must respect the past, remembering that it was once all that was humanly possible."

-George Santayana.

Audery's P.O.V.

"Mummy wake up. Wake up, c'mon. Mummy mummy." Ethan's voice repeated in my ear.

I groaned loudly, rolling over to my side, wrapping my arm over his small body. He laughed out loud and repeated his words again, claiming we will be late for his first day at school, which-strangely- he was very excited about.

"How did you wake up before me?" I asked, mostly to myself.

"I'm ecxited mummy." He said ecstatically.

I chuckled at his messy letters, "It's excited baby. Anyway, go to the bathroom and I will follow right behind." I kissed his cheek.

He shouted an 'okay' as he jumped from the top of the bed and ran to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, I let my feet touch the wooden floor and walked to the bathroom. He looked at me with wide black eyes that would always be a remarkable, and extended his hand for me to wash the soap off of his hands.

I completed his mission, then did my business and we went downstairs together to eat breakfast.

We sat on the couch after I finished making our cereal bowls, and he kissed my cheek, shouting a 'thank you' right In my ear.

We continued our breakfast then he I told him to go to the bathroom and I will follow him to shower him.

I put the dishes In the sink then went upstairs to his room to get his clothes. As soon as I entered the bathroom, Ethan splashed me with water.

"No, baby. I just showered yesterday thank you." I said laughing, remembering that Adam would say the same exact words to me whenever I splashed him with water when I was doing the dishes or just for fun.

"But It's fun mummy."

"Just not today, and not now. You will be late."

As soon as I said these words, he stayed still, so I smiled at him and went over to put shampoo on his hair and cleanse his body.

After a while we were ready and dressed. When I wanted to make him wear his shoes, I remembered that I didn't buy him separate ones for school. And these were dirty.

I facepalmed then decided I would take him tonight to buy him a new pair. We walked out of the door and to the car. I opened the backseat and put him In then I walked to my own seat.

I texted Lucie to tell her I was driving to school, so she would be totally ready and also drive to school. I drove there and stopped at traffic light. I looked at my son, finding him looking out of the window.

He wasn't a literal version of his father, and he wasn't of mine either. He was just the sweet mixture that would tell the world he was our son.

I smiled softly at him, and also at the the thought of Adam being even more ecstatic at our son going to school.

I parked at the school then took Ethan's hand and walked to the school entrance. He found his friend that he made at the pre-school. He ran to him and they high-fived.

I smiled at his mother and greeted her then got my phone out to text Lucie.

*where are you girl? Take care xx.*

*Jonathan was having an emotional moment with matthew, but we're on our way. Thank you xx*

I recieved my reply seconds after I hit the send button. I told the boys Matthew was on his way and they cheered In response.