Chapter 3

FANNY’S POV

The train finally stop. People begin pouring out of the train. I see a man that’s very tall and big. He looks like a giant.

“Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!” he said. We walk up to him. And I remember this man that knock on Ollivander’s.
“Hello Harry,” he said. “Who’s your friend?”
“Hello Hagrid,” Harry said. “Oh, this Ron, Hermione, and Fanny.
I smile at Hagrid.
“Your last friend seems a little bit shy,” Hagrid smiled at me.” Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me.”

A number of boats are plugging across a vast lake, where up ahead a huge castle can be seen. We are in awe.
“Wicked.” Ron said.

We arrived at Hogwarts. This isn’t school. It’s a castle. It’s so big. I think the entire Privet Drive can fit here. And on the higher level, a woman is waiting. She looks very stricted like someone that always follow the rules. She raps her fingers on a stone railing, and then goes to the top of the stairs to greet the newcomers.

“Welcome to Hogwarts. I’m Professor McGonagall. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup

A scared looking boy, spots his toad sitting near McGonagall. He jumps forward.
 “Trevor!” he said. mcGonagall stares down at him.  “Sorry,” he said and he backs away.
I assume his name is Neville. Because at the train Hermione said that he lost his toad.
“The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily,” McGonagall said and leaves.
“I feel that I maybe will enter Hufflepuff,” I sighed.
“Well, it’s better than Slytherin,” Ron said. “How’d you know that?”
“I read about it and feel that it fits me perfectly,” I said.
 And I see a slicked back evil looking boy speaks up to Harry.

HARRY’S POV

“It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts,” that boy said.
Everybody whisper. “This is Crabbe, and Goyle and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy.

Ron snickers at his name.
“Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Dont want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there,” he said and extends his hand.
“ I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks,” I said

Draco glares. McGonagall returns and smacks him on the shoulder with a paper. He retreats with one last glare.

“ We're ready for you now,” McGonagall said.

She leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

“It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History,” Hermione said.

“ All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbldedore would like to say a few words,”McGonagall said.

Dumbledore rises from the main table. “I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch,” he signals to ragged old man with a cat with red eye,  “has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you.”

“ When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger,” McGonagall said.
“Oh, no. Okay, relax,” she goes up.
“Mental that one, I'm telling you,”Harry said.
I just nod in agreement.
“ Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!” said shorting hat

Everyone is cheering.  Hermione jumps off with a smile.

“ Draco Malfoy,” McGonagall said.

Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Dracos head.

“ SLYTHERIN!” said shorting hat.

“ There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasnt in Slytherin,” said Ron.
“ Susan Bones,” McGonagall said.

A small, redhead goes up. I look around and spots a black haired, pale teacher, looking at me. My scar hurts.

“ Ahh!” I said and puts my hand on my forehead.
“ Harry, what is it?” Fanny said.
“ Nothing...it's nothing, I'm fine,” I said.

“Let's see...I know...Hufflepuff!” shorting had said
“I probably gonna join her,” Fanny said.
“Don’t worry,” I said and smiled at her. There is something about this girl that make me always to smile at her.

“Ronald Weasley,” McGonagall said.

Ron gulps and walks up. He sits down and the hat is put on.

“ Ah! Another Weasley. I know just where to put you...Gryffindor!!” said shorting hat.
Ron sighed.

“ Harry Potter,” McGonagall said.

Everything goes silent. Iwalk up and sits down.

“Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?” shorting hat said.

“Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin,” I whispered.

“Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. Its all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness! There's no doubt about that! No?” said shorting hat. “Well, if youre sure...better be...GRYFFINDOR!!”

There is an immense cheering and I go to the Gryffindor table.
“Good luck Fanny,” I smiled at her.

Fred and George are also there, and cheer we got Potter! We got Potter! I sit down.

FANNY’S POV.

“Fanny Peter,” McGonagall said.

I walk up into the chair. My feet is trembling. I feel really nervous. It is the first time I feel this nervous since the sports in my old school. McGonagall puts the hats in my head.

“Well this a shy one. I usually will put you in hufflepuff, but there is something about you that make you worth in Gryffindor. The kindness, the courage, want to sacrifice herself for others. You’re life will change in Gryffindor GRYFFINDOR!” said shorting hat.

I walk up to Gryffindor table and sit next to Harry.
“I told you, you’ll be fine,” Harry said.
I just smile and relieve that I won’t be alone in this school.

“ Your attention, please,” McGonagall dings the glass.
“ Let the feast...begin,” Dumbledore said.

Food magically appears on all the tables, and the hall is filled with awe and chatter.
 “Wow,” Harry said.

Ron stuffs his face.A tiny boy, speaks.
 “I'm half and half. Me dad's a Muggle. Mam's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out,” he said.
“Oh, me too, the different is my father is a wizard, my mom is muggle. But they already dead. I live with my grandma,” I said.
“I’m Seamus, Seamus Finnigan,” he extends his hand.
“I’m Fanny, Fanny Peter,” I said.
“Your grandma is nice?” Neville asked.
“Yes, why you asked?” I said.
“I live with my grandma too, and she’s kinda scary,” he whispered at me.
I laughed see Neville like that.

 Harry is sitting next to Percy. He leans over.

“Say, Percy, who's that teacher talking to Professor Quirrell?” Harry asked.
“ Oh, that's Professor Snape, head of Slytherin house,” Percy said.
“ What's he teach?” Harry asked
“Potions. But everyone knows it's the Dark Arts he fancies. He's been after Quirrells job for years.” Percy said.

Ron, having just finished a chicken wing, reaches into the bowl for more, and a ghostly head, pops out.

“Ahh!” Ron scream.

“ Hello! How are you? Welcome to Gryffindor,” that ghost said.

Numerous ghosts come pouring from the walls, sailing along.

“Whoo-hoo-hoo!” said the Hufflepuff ghost.

“Hello, Sir Nicholas. Have a nice summer?” said sir Nicholas.
“Good evening Sir Nicholas,” I smiled at the ghost.
“Good evening my dear,” Sir Nicholas said. “My summer, well, dismal. Once again, my request to join the headless hunt has been denied.” He begins to leave
“ Hey, I know you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!” said Ron.
“ I prefer Sir Nicholas if you don't mind,” said Nick.
“ Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?” asked Hermione.
“ Like this,” he grabs head and pulls it to the side. His head is hanging on just by a thread.
I suddenly lost my appetite.
“ Ahh!” Ron scream.
“Eugh,” Hermione said

After dinner, Percy is leading the Gryffindors to the staircases.

“ Gryffindors, follow me please. Keep up. Thank you.” Percy said. “This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Oh, and keep an eye on the staircases...they like to change.”

The camera pans up and we see a vast amount of staircases, people walking on them, and some switching places.

“ Keep up, please, and follow me. Quickly now, come on. Come on.” Said Percy.
We begin walking up the stairs. We approaching the Gryffindor dorms. They come up to a large painting of a large woman in a pink dress.

“ Password?” said that woman.
“ Caput Draconis,” said Percy.  The woman nods and the painting opens to reveal a gape in the wall.

“Oh, wow,” I said.
“ Gather 'round here. Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boys' dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up.” Said Percy.

I walk up to the girl dormitories. And I share room with Hermione and 2 other girls that I don’t know. They just seems not to care about me or Hermione anyway. We change into our pj’s and Hermione sit on my bed.

“So, how’s you and Harry?” Hermione asked.
“How’s I with who?” I confused.
“You and Harry. He always smiles when he talks to you, there’s must be something between you,” Hermione said.
“There’s nothing between me and him. He lives next door but we never talk until today,” I explained.
Hermione just smirked.
“Good night Hermione!” I said to her.
“Good night Fanny!” she said.