Chapter 24

Third Person~

"Sir, I think you have a few unwanted guests at the ball." A man said as he noticed him walk into the monitor room.

On a few of the many screens which showed the entire venue, he saw a group of girls wondering around. Squinting his eyes, he realised that they're Nyssa's friends, making him doubtful.

"Tell everyone from Vanoss Crew to take care of them." He ordered." Everyone except for Vanoss. He still has a task to complete for me."
__________________________
Nyssa's Point of View~

After what felt like forever and another drink, I still didn't manage to find Lockwood anywhere. Looking at a nearby clock that was in one of the hallways, I had just over an hour to find him before the ball ends.

One hour is plenty of time I assured myself, staying positive.

Two things I noticed about this place was that there was a second floor and there are a lot of rooms that I haven't searched yet. The first thing I did was check the closest door but it was locked. Checking another door, I noticed it was locked too. I wasn't bothered to try each door, so I decided to head my way upstairs, remembering an elegant set of stairs around the corner that were blocked off by velvet rope.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath when I saw a security guard nearby, having a clear view of the stairs. As I was watching him to wait for the right time to go, the familiarity came back to me as I noticed that it was the same guard who was at the entrance. The guard looked around my age, and he had pale-ish skin, black buzzcut hair and deep blue eyes. I've seen plenty of people with the same traits but I've never seen him before.

So why does he seem so familiar to me?

The guy suddenly put his finger onto the earpiece, listening for a second before saying "okay" through the admission and quickly running up the same stairs I needed to go up to. When he went up, the chances of me now going is slim since I might get caught.

Yeah but "might" is not "definitely" I thought before walking my way up the stairs...
__________________________
Third Person~

Eventually, the girls became bored, splitting up and wondering around the second floor.

"Don't you think that it was kinda weird to see Nyssa and Vanoss dance together?" Owl asked Jumi.

The two of them had just walked around to the other side of the gallery, now looking at the ballroom from a different angle.

"Honestly, no." Jumi answered." I was just surprised that Nyssa went along with it. And enjoyed it."

Owl nodded her head in agreement." Who would've thought that Vanoss was good on his feet." She commented, the two girls then sharing a laugh.

Hearing footsteps, the laughs were cut short as they quickly ran and hid behind one of the large champagne-coloured curtains. Both of the them peeked to see if the coast was clear(which was) before silently running in the opposite direction, on their way back to where the rest of the girls said to meet.

Just as they were about to turn the corner, they were spotted." Hey!" The person called before he started chasing them.

"Change of plans; try and lose the guard." Owl said as they were running, turning corners at random times. Turning another random corner, they stopped and slowed down when they saw Nogla there.

"Where the hell do you think you're going huh?" He asked, coming closer to them.

"Isn't it—Hey!" Owl called, interrupting herself as Jumi stumble forward onto the ground, unconscious. But before she could do anything else, she was hit painfully in the head before also falling unconscious.
__________________________

Nyssa strolled around the maze that was the mysterious second floor—actually, she didn't know if she was on the same floor because of how big this place was. With so much curiosity in Nyssa, the objective to find Lockwood was being delayed.

Somehow, she found her way to the gallery, walking a bit more quickly, wanting to see the view from up here. Once again, she was amazed by how beautiful and elegant this place was. Looking down, she could pretty much see all the guests.

Including Aaron Lockwood.

"Well, I just came up here for nothing." She muttered.

Just as she was about to leave, she spotted some surprising faces who were also up here." Hey!" She called, calling her friends attention. All their head turned at same time, their faces covered in nervousness now.

"Nyssa, how nice to see you here." Kiwi said sheepishly.

"Same to you, but I'm also surprised too." Nyssa said." How come you guys are here anyways?"

Don explained to Nyssa from when she found Mini's invitation to where they are now." Now, we just need to find Owl and Jumi." She concluded.

"As much as I wanna help, I can't." Nyssa told them, getting questioning looks from them." I have to find someone." She said. Technically, she did tell the truth, but with the questioning looks still on their faces, they thought otherwise.

"Is that someone Vanoss?" Fox asked.

From there, Nyssa figured that they all saw that little dance she and Vanoss had together. By Fox's rude tone in her voice, she was clearly pissed.

"Actually no, Fox, it's someone else I'm looking for." Nyssa spoke as calmly as possible, really not wanting to get angry at her friends.

"And that's more important than finding your friends?" Kenny commented, siding with Fox.

Nyssa could tell that majority of them felt the same way, except for Zell who was looking down with a frown on her face.

"Maybe if you guys didn't come tonight, they wouldn't be missing in the first place." She gritted before walking off, feeling a mix of anger and sadness towards her friends.
__________________________

Yeah I know, it's been a long time since I've updated, but this has been the most difficult chapter to write so far. Apologies if it's not that great and that it ended like that.

Happy New Years everyone! Hope everyone is having a great year so far(even though its only been a week).

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter:)