Chapter 17

I texted all the girls to see if I could stay over at one of their places for the night. The only space in my house that seemed to still be in one piece was the balcony, so I decided to wait out there. The sun was already gone and the night was quickly coming into place, reminding me that the winter season has already kicked in even though it's only fall. Looking at Dom's house, it looked like no one was there. Her curtains were closed and no lights were on.

Well that cancels out Dom letting me stay over at her place.

My phone then went off.

Hey Nyssa, you can just stay at my place for tonight. My parents are out of town so it'll just be the two of us. -Brooke

"Cool." I said then got another of her address.

Just like that, I was already out of the house and in my car, turning it on and driving out of my quiet neighbourhood street. This is what I liked about this place. It was quiet.

Which would've meant that someone must've heard all the carnage before. I'll ask Dom if she heard anything when I get the chance.

Time Skip~

Upon arriving, I parked my car on the curb and walked up to her door. But since it was dark, I only noticed the door slightly ajar when I was only halfway. Immediately, I ran in and opened the door all the way.

"Brooke!" I called. Walking quickly into the living room. Closer towards the stairs, I could hear muffling coming from upstairs and I quickly followed it.

Arriving at the door at the end of the hallway, I immediately opened it and saw Brooke trying to fight out of Basically's hold he had on her. The second she saw me, Brooke fought even more, biting into the hand that was covering her mouth and making Basically curse loudly." Nyssa, Run!"

Before I could even do anything, the door slammed shut behind me. I really didn't want to turn around but I couldn't help it. There leaning on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest was Vanoss with a devious smirk on his. I looked closely and saw that he was holding Brooke's phone.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I spat, narrowing my eyes at Vanoss.

Vanoss then stood up, that smirk still on his face." Getting some answers." He stated." But since you're here, we can make this a game." Vanoss then looked over to Basically and nodded his head. In return, Basically backhanded Brooke right in the face, making her stumble to the floor.

"Hey!" I said and tried to go towards Brooke to help her. Vanoss then grabbed both my arms from behind and twisted them behind me, receiving a low hiss from me. I immediately started struggling but his grip was too strong.

"Rules are simple." He said, saying to me more than Brooke." Admit you were behind the article and we won't hurt the two of you."

"We didn't do it." Brooke said, still on the floor and cupping the check that was in pain.

"Basically." Vanoss said simply. He then kicked Brooke, making her tumble to the floor, clutching onto her ribs and groaning in pain.

"Stop!" I shouted, struggling even more.

Vanoss twisted my arms, making me hiss." Only if you tell the truth." He snared.

I had to do something. Quick.

"Hey Basically, why don't you hit me instead?" I asked, a cocky grin on my face as I stopped struggling." I bet you can't hit as hard as this dumbass." I continued, motioning my over towards Vanoss.

It was then that I noticed that he had a short temper, his fists clenching and his body slightly stiffening. I knew that this has a fifty-percent chance of Brooke getting more hurt than necessary but this was the first idea that came to mind. I still refuse to tell them the truth.

Basically then kicked Brooke one more time in the same place, and I let out a yawn." That looked like that didn't even hurt." I mocked.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Vanoss said lowly.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'll just beat you up instead." He said before striding towards me, a pissed expression on his face.

But as he swung a fist towards my face, I ducked and it connected with the side Vanoss' neck since he was taller than me. His grip loosened and I took advantage, punching Basically right in the face then elbowing Vanoss behind me. But the numbers gain was catching up as Basically managed to hit me in the stomach, which made me stumble back into Vanoss' kick which sent me to the floor. Using my legs, I tripped over Basically. I quickly straddled him and knocked him out before he could anything. My heavy breathing was the only sound in the room until I heard a loud smack behind me followed by a loud thud. Turning around, I saw Vanoss unconscious on the floor and Brooke standing with a book in hand.

"You okay?" I asked as I got up, wrapping an arm around my torso.

"Yeah. You?" She then asked, placing the book back from where she got it from.

I nodded," C'mon let's get outta here." I said, helping her since she was having a bit of trouble walking." Did you really just knock Vanoss out with that book?" I asked as we were leaving.

"I really didn't think it would work." She replied.
__________________________

Was this chapter a bit dark? Anyways, I have no more exams and I'm finally on holiday!!! I'm gonna make sure I publish a new chapter on a regular basis, but if I don't, it's probably because I'm having trouble writing it(like this one). 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter:)