Chapter 41

Manik's POV..
Something was bothering Maa..! I walked out and saw her sitting on the bench of my garden..
"Maa..! Are you ok?"I asked as I sat beside her..
"Yes son..! I am ok..!"She spoke softly as I noticed some tears in my eyes..
"Maa..! Ap ro rahy ho? Mj say koi galti hue hai? Am I not taking good care of your daughter?"I was worried..
"Ni beta..! Nandini is the most lucky girl as she got you..! I know you will fulfill all her wishes..! But there is a thing about Nandini which I hide from you..!"Maa spoke between light sobs and I wondered that what was it?
"What is it Maa?"I asked worriedly..
"Ya jo Tiger Khurana hai what is he to you?"Maa asked looking at my face and I was confused..!
"Maa Nandini ki baat Tiger kahan say aa gya?"I asked with astonished expressions and she shook her head..!
"Manik..! Nandini is Tiger's sister..!"Maa announced and I was shocked..! Hell shocked..! The Manik Malhotra was at loss of words..! I was speechless..! HOW THE HELL ON EARTH WAS THAT POSSIBLE????
"Ma-Maa..! Ya kya bool ray ho ap? Nandini told me that she is an orphan how come she is connected with Tiger?"I was feeling so unreal..
"Manik..! You are Tiger's friend you must knew that he had a sister and mother..! They both died right?"Maa spoke and I nodded..! "Tiger's mother came to me the night she committed suicide and she handed over Neha to me..! She asked me take care of her and hide her from her cruel father..! Even from Tiger too..! So I named her Nandini..!"Maa told me in short and I was shocked..
"Why didn't you stopped Tiger's mother from committing suicide?"I asked hell tensed and she sighed..
"Because I never knew she will take such step..!"Maa had tears in her eyes..! "I raised Nandini like my own child because she was the loveliest kid in my orphanage..! I tried to give her all the facilities which she deserved of being a Khurana's heir..! But still I was so helpless..! I didn't had enough money to give her all luxuries..! When you came in her life I was stressless that she will be able to have everything which she deserves..! But now after seeing Tiger..! I afraid..! If their father come to know about Nandini he will not be much happy..! He never wanted a girl..!"Maa was saying all this in tears and I was worried..! Hell worried..
"Maa..! I think we should tell both of them about this..! It's their right..!"I suggested...
"No Manik..! No..! Pta nahi dono kesy react karen gay..! Abhi nahi btana beta..! We will tell them later..! Promise me..! Promise me that you will not tell them..!"After a lots of arguments Maa convinced me..! I knew when Nandini will come to know she will react..! But I never knew that what kind of storm this news will bring..
---------------------------------------
"Manik..! Hum teri wife ko saloon lay kar ja rahy hain..!"Mukti announced as soon as I entered the lounge with Maa. Nandini look at me and I look at her..! She raised her eyebrow to ask if everything was ok I faked a smile and nodded in assurance..! But still she was staring at my face..! Gosh she was master in reading my face..! Nandini kay Aiyappa save me..!
"Aray wah..! Birthday mera and you are taking Nandini to saloon..!"I tried to joke a little and my buddies laughed..
"Someone is getting jealous..!"Jack and his rantings..!
"Larkiyoon! Manik ko bhi saloon lay jaoa..! Aur wahen chood ana..!"Max said laughing loudly..
"Bus isy tou bahana chahye Nandini kay pass rehny ka..!"Cabir said and in return received a playful smack from me..! Between all this she was staring at me and sometimes towards Maa..
"Manik..! Mjy ap say baat karni hai..! Room main ayen..!"Suddenly Nandini said sternly and all look at her in shock..! She was angry maybe. Without waiting for my response she stomped to our room..
"Shadi kay side effects..!"Cabir taunted and all laughed..
"Ja Manik..! Is pay pehly kay teri wife broom lay kay aa jye tery pechy..!"Max too joined and giving them glares I run behind Nandini..
--------------------------------------
"What are you hiding?"She asked coldly as soon as I entered the room she was sitting on the bed..
"Nothing jaan..!"I tried to satisfy her..
"Manik..! Jhoot bolna allowed ni hai..!"She said sternly still glaring at me and I bit my lower lip. Manik beta kuch sooch lay orelse you will be finished..
"Baby..!"I said in a cheerful tone and knelt in front of her. I held her hands and she look at me worriedly. "Maa was worried that am I taking good care of you or not..! So now I have assured her..! Ab koi tension ni hai..!"I said kissing her palms and she finally smiled. My lie worked..! 'hasi tou phasi'...
"You are the best Manik..! I Love you..!"She exclaimed and hoped in my arms..
"I love you too baby..!"I said hugging her back. Am sorry for lying. I was lying but I never knew I will have to pay a heavy price for it..
-------------------------------------------------------
Nandini's POV..
"Mukti why this Mehndi..!"I asked astonished as the beautician started designing my palms with hena. They had brought me to one of the most famous saloon of Mumbai and after early touch up one of the beautician started applying make up on my face and other started applying Mehndi..
"Nandini..! It's Manik Malhotra's birthday koi choti baat hai kya?? Chup chap jo hum kehty hain wo kar lo..!"Mukti scolded me..
"Aj kya chupa rhy ho tum dono?"I sensed something fishy..! But before she could reply..
"Mam what is your husband's name?"Beautician asked softly..
"It's Manik..!"Suddenly Alya came from behind with a pink lehenga..!
"Now why this?"I asked astonished as for a birthday party lehenga seems to be over dressed..
"Because..! Tonight you are going to get married with Manik..!"Finally the suspense was over by Mukti but wait..! I am already married then what's this?
"If you have forgotten than let me remind you I am already married to him..!"I said in a confused tone..
"Honey we know...! But boys told us on what circumstances you both get married..! So let's start a fresh beginning..! And am really sorry for about what my bhai did to you..!"Alya said softly and I shook my head..
"It's ok Alya..! Aur thank you so much for doing all this for me..!"I was overwhelmed by their gestures and they both engulfed me in a group hug..
--------------------------------
Manik's POV..
"I will not wear this..!"I roared once again and threw the Sherwani away..! Max and Cabir palmed their faces..! Jack hide behind bed board as he was really scared of my gusa While Tiger was sitting total unaware from his surroundings with earphones stuffed in his ears..!
"Manik dekh bhai pehan lay..!"Max pleaded..
"You think I will wear this stupid sherwani..!"I roared again..
"Manik..! You will look like a prince charming in it..!"Jack said in a sugary voice still hidden behind the bed...!
"Teri tou..!"I yelled and run to punch him..!
"Tiger..! Bachaoa..!"Jack shouted and hide behind Tiger..
"You moron chup q raha hai..!"I shouted and finally Tiger stood up..
"Calm down you all..!"He said softly and then look at me..!
"Tiger dekh na yaar they all want me to wear this stupid sherwani for my own birthday party..!"I said hell annoyed..
"Manik..! You are going to get married with Nandini once again tonight that's why they all want you to wear this..!"Tiger said in a straightforward tone and I sighed..!
"Tiger..! Why you spoiled the surprise..!"Cabir said angrily..
"Yeah..! We wanted to surprise Manik..!"Max too said sadly..
"Come on guys..! You think wo bina reason k ya sherwani pehny ga? You can't hide all this from him..!"Tiger said casually and I smiled..
"Guys..! There is no need of all this..!"I said softly and sat on the bed..
"Q bay? Need q nahi hai..! You have to marry our sister in front of everyone..! We have called all your business friends everyone..! Give her the deserved honor man..! The honor which she deserves being Malhotra's daughter in law..!"Jack said sitting beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder...! Hearing the word honor my mind roamed towards Nandini and Tiger being siblings..! I was unsure of their reactions. I had a doubt that Nandini will feel really hurt..! What if Tiger's father came to know about Nandini's existence..! Ahhh These Dad's always so cruel..!
"What are you thinking man?"Cabir shook my shoulder..
"Ummm nothing..! Ok alright..! But how will we manage all functions at a time?"I asked..
"Tu us ki tension na lay..! Don't underestimate fab 5 yaar..! First you and Nandini will perform the necessary rituals us k liye we want you to wear this sherwani as Nandini is also wearing some traditional according to girls party..!"Max said shrugging his shoulders...
"After that you can change if you want to..! Phir reception pay we will cut your birthday cake..! Baat khatam..!"Cabir clicked his fingers and I sighed..
"You all are impossible.!"I said annoyed because of their stupid arrangements..
"Aray humy chood bhai..! Tu ja aur change kar time ni hai hmry pass..! In evening you have to get married and in night tery ko birthday boy I mean man bana'na hai..! "Jack said and pushed me inside the bathroom..! I gave him a 'tjy dekh loon ga' glare and went inside the bathroom..!
"Kya pata Jack koi dreamgirl mil jye aj kay funtion me..!"I heard Cabir's playful sigh and I smiled. Both of them were totally useless..
---------------------------------------------
I was alone in my room and was gelling my hair when I heard girls shouts that means Nandini was back..! I immediately ended up my gelling session and was about to step out of the room when suddenly Mukti pushed me back..
"What? Is Nandini back?"I asked excitedly as she must be looking beautiful in wedding dress..
"You are not allowed to see her..!"Mukti said pushing me more inside..
"What the hell? She is my wife tu hat peechy..!"I roared..
"Oncha bool k gala phaadny ka koi faida nahi hai..!"Cabir came with his taunt..
"Kya yaar Manik..! Third class Romeo ki trha q behave kar ra hai..!"Jack said and my blood boiled..
"Third class Romeo kis ko bola tu ny?"I shouted and was about to grab his collars when Tiger came between us..
"Stop it..!"He said coldly..
"Mukti..! Alya is calling you..! Nandini is not comfortable with her shoes..!"Max came and said casually..! What her shoes must be hurting..!
"What happened to her? Is she ok? Ziada dard ho ra hai usy kya?"I asked worriedly..
"Manik let us handle her..!"Mukti said politely but I pushed her away and run to see Nandini..! I heard my friends shout behind me as they all followed...
--------------------------------------
Nandini's POV..
"Alya these shoes..! It's hurting very much..!"I said to Alya again as she made me sit on my bed I was all ready for the marriage ceremony but shoes were so annoying..! Before Alya could say anything the room door banged open and Manik rushed in..!
"Baby? Ziada dukh ra hai? Show me..!"He said worriedly and sat in my feet..! All others too came in and I was so embarrassed..
"Manik..! Kya kar rahy hain ap? Get up..!"I said softly and tried to made him get up..
"Aray abhi Max told that your shoes are hurting..!"He said still hell worried. He held my feet and started removing my shoes ..
"Manik no..!"I tried to push him he was touching my feet..! That too like this it was so embarrassing..! What must his friends thinking..?
"Guys..! Come out..!"Suddenly Tiger bhai said and all run out..! Leaving us alone..!
"Manik..! Get up..!"I said softly and finally he got up..! "Kya kar rahy hain ap..! Why are you touching my feet..! Ap kay friends kya soch rhy hoon gay?"I complaint as he sat beside me..
"Nothing matters to me..! Why are you feeling so embarrassed...! Listen it's ok..! My friends know me so koi tension ni..!"He said casually and I smiled..
"I know baba..! I know you care for me..! But acha ni lagta na..!"I said lovingly and cupped his left cheek. He snuggled in my palm and suddenly he held my hand..
"Wow..!"He uttered staring at my hands..! I smiled more brightly..! He was constantly staring at my hena cladded palms..!
"Will you keep staring? Tareef nahi karen gay?"I asked playfully and in response he kissed my palms..! Then he look at me and made me stand..! Then he took two steps back and scanned me from head to toe..!