Chapter - 15

Manik's POV
"I love you..!"I heard her whisper like plead and I stopped where I was..! DID I HEARD IT RIGHT? No..! How's that possible? She tou love that guy na..! What is happening? I backed off and got up,sat straight on the bed..! I was a messed soul Goddd...!! I palmed my face with my hands..! She too got up and sat in front of me folding her knees. She held my hands and uncovered my face..!
"I know you love me too...!"Her second whisper left me baffled. I look at her and she was look at me with teary eyes.
"I thought..!"I stammered and she held my hands more tightly to give me support. She nodded her head and gestured me to speak up. "I thought you lo-love that guy..!"I said between my hiccups and she had confused expressions on her face.
" What guy Manik?"She asked confusingly.
"Sun-Sunday I ca-came to me-meet you..! But wh-when I ca-came to your ro-room I sa-saw you hug-hugging a bo-boy..! He was say-saying..!"I stammered thousand times in few words as I was constantly hiccupping and stopped in between as I didn't had the courage to explain more. I look at Nandini and she had a smile on her face.
"You saw me hugging that boy and you thought that I love him?"She asked softly and I nodded like a child. "Ap nay ya tou suna kay he loves me but ap nay mera answer nahi suna right?"She again asked caressing my hair like an affectionate mother and I again nodded. "Manik..! I said no to him..! He loves me that's not my fault..! I don't love him..! I love..!"She stopped in between and I impatiently wanted her to confess once again.
"You love?"I asked impatiently and she smiled.
"Bus aik bari he hota hai..!"She said naughtily and for the first time I smiled. I was so much relieved and calmed now..! I felt like everything came back to me..! I pull her for a hug and she readily gave in. I hide my face in her still wet hair she caressed my hair gently. She broke the hug and smiled at me..
"Itne si baat bta nahi skty thy hmm? Khud bhi roye aur mjy bhi rulaya pagal sa baby..!"She said lovingly wiping my face with her tiny hands and I smiled on her cute love talk. I noticed that she was still wet and I panicked.
"Nandini..! You need to change..! Go..!"I immediately said to her and she smilingly got up to change. I sighed and bit my lower lip. I have messed up everything but she is still on my side..! I misbehaved with her and she is so understanding that she didn't complaint. After some time she came out of the bathroom wearing my clothes and I smiled. She came back to me and sat beside me resting her back with the bed board. I quietly laid down in her lap and she started tracing her fingers in my hair. I had my eyes closed..! We both were quiet..! I had her one hand clasped in my hands over my chest..!
"Manik..!"She whispered and I opened my eyes to look at her.
"I know you have so much of pain inside you..!"She said politely caressing my forehead. "I know you are shattered..! I know that you are suffering from so many bad turmoils...! And I know that you are still not ready to share your pain with me..! I am not forcing you either..! It's just I want to tell you that I will be always there for you whenever you need me to listen to you..!"She said lovingly and bent down. She gently pecked my forehead and I closed my eyes. She was healing me..! But what about her pain? I had hurt her so much in last 3 days just because of my stupid si misunderstanding..! Silly me..! Lallu Manik huhhh Cabir sahi kehta hai..! I got up and she look at me..! I laid beside her and pull her in my arms..!
"I know you are angry with me..!"I said softly and she turned her face away.
...
Nandini's POV
When he said that he misunderstood me because of Dhruv...! He was punishing me because of Dhruv I wanted to slap him hard on his face..! But I didn't because he was already suffering so much..! THE MANIK MALHOTRA was crying in front of me like a baby...! If I too backed off then I will be responsible for his destruction..! I can't lose him again..! He scolds me or whatever he do I know that he is first and he will be my last..! The feelings I have in my heart for him were so much strong that I can forgive his any mistake..! But now he was asking for it himself..!
"Yes I am angry with you..!"I said sadly he was facing my back now. I know he too became sad. He came close to me and wrapped his one arm around my waist then he snuggled his face in my hair from back. I closed my eyes and sighed.
"I am sorry baby..!"He whispered sadly.
"Manik..! Ap nay mjhy bohat rulaya hai..!"I too whispered sadly as few lone tears escaped my eyes and soaked in the pillow.
"I know..! I am so sorry..! I promise I will make it up for everything..!"He again whispered against my neck,his hot breath was fanning my damp neck which was accelerating my heartbeats.
"I know..!"I said holding his hand which was around my waist. I can't hurt him more..! I wanted him to smile again..! We stayed like this for God knows how long..! The rain was breaking all the records tonight..! The curtains were fluttering due to strong wind..! We were lying on the bed all quiet..! Finding solace in each other's arms..! I was still not looking at him but he not for once tried to turn me towards himself..! His lips were on my neck motionless..!
"Manik? Ap jag ray ho?"Suddenly I whispered.
"Hmm..!"He just hummed.
"Mery pehly waly Manik ban jayen na please..!"Finally I whispered again and I felt his lips turned into a smile. He planted a kiss there and I clutched his hand more tightly.
"I promise..! YOUR MANIK is back..!"He whispered against my neck and once again the tears started forming in my eyes. Suddenly there was a loud chattering sound of thunder which shook me to the core. I immediately turned and clinged to his chest. "Hay relax baby..! It's just a thunderstorm..!"He whispered in my ear caressing my hair and shook my head in a no.
"Mj-mjy da-dar lagta hai..!"I stammered snuggling more and more in his protective arms. He chuckled on my act and hugged me more tightly.
"I promise I will protect you..! Now no one can came between us..! Not even me nor you..! I won't let you go ever just because of my stupidities..!"I heard his pure and determined whisper.
"I trust you..!"I whispered against his chest as first three buttons of his were open so my lips unintentionally brushed with his bare chest and I gasped. For the first time I noticed our position and I blushed to the darkest shade of red. His both arms were around me and our legs were entangled..! I look at his eyes he was looking at me with some different kind of expressions..! I was unable to figure out what was it but yeah his expressions were enough to make my breath uneven..! Manik leaned closer and eyed my lips..! I too wanted to give in but suddenly a thought hit my head and I turned my face away..! I am angry with him yeah..!
"What happened?"He asked softly cupping my cheek and I gave him a glare...!
"Have you forgotten I am angry with you..!"I said babyishly and he laughed loudly..
"Ooo..! So that's why my baby is not allowing me to kiss her hmm?"He asked so boldly that my eyes popped out. I playfully slapped his chest and he again laughed on my cuteness..! Inwardly I was so happy seeing him laughing..! OH GOD I love this man..! Yes yes I am insanely love with him..!
"Stop laughing na..!"I said angrily and pushed him away..!
"Ok..! Ok..! I am sorry..!"He stopped laughing and I again smilingly hugged him tightly. The only man in this whole whose arms were heaven for me..! He hugged me back and I hide my face in his neck.
"I want to sleep..!"I whispered sleepily. "I haven't slept since 3 nights..!"I said sadly and he patted my head.
"Sleep Nandini..! I am here..!"He whispered kissing my hair.
"Promise?"I wanted surety.
"Paka promise..!"He said softly and clutching his shirt tightly as I had a fear what if he left me? I dozed off..!