Chapter 25

I run a hand through my hair and lay back down on the couch. I was to afraid to even go out right now. I just wonder why Harry and his crew picked me. What was special about me that he had to go and kidnap me?

My phone buzzed again. I picked it up and it said unknown. I hit accept and pulled it up to my ear.

"Kaylie, I already said-"

"Who's Kaylie?" Someone said on the other line. My eyes widened.

"Yeah. It's me pumpkin." She said and I immediately groaned. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"What do you want?" I say and she laughs.

"Your not dead." She says and my brow furrows in confusion.

"What?" I ask and she chuckles again.

"Your supposed to be dead. I guess even the best gang has their weaknesses." My mom said into the phone and I gasped.

"I-it was you?" I whisper and she laughs again.

"Yeah. Next time I won't miss." She answered and hung up. The phone slipped from my hand and landed on the tiled floor.

I screamed and curled up on the couch.

Calum ran over holding a knife. He dropped it when he saw me curled up and bent down. He took me in his arms and held me against him. I started crying into his chest and he held me closer, like he was trying to shield me from the darkness.

"Shhh. Shhh. Dalila it's okay." He whispered to me. "It's alright. It's alright."

I continued to cry even though I didn't want to. I hated feeling so weak. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. The tears stopped and I lay there sniffling and wiping my face. Calum still held onto me.

"It wa-as h-h-her." I stutter out and he looks down at me.

"Who did what?" He asks and I prepare myself in case I cry again.

"M-y mom, sh-she hired the g-gang to t-try to k-kill me-e." I hiccup out and he brushes the hair away from my face.
He kisses my forehead.

"They will never touch you. Ever. You're safe here with me. I will not loose you to them." He tells me while looking straight into my eyes. My heart skips a beat and tears gather in my eyes again. I throw my arms around his neck and whisper a thank you. It really disappoints me that I have to rely on someone this much but I'm grateful for it anyways.

"I love you." He whispers to me.

"I love you too." I say and he holds me tight. He releases me and we both stand up. I walk with him over to the kitchen and he starts to cook again. I lean against the counter not knowing what to do. I hug myself and try not to think about that she-devil.

"Dalila." Calum calls and I look up.

"Yeah?"

"Breakfast is ready."

I walk over to the table and take a seat across from him. He hands me a plate and I start to take small bites from the eggs. We didn't speak the entire time we were eating but it wasn't awkward. It was a comfortable silence.

One question kept bothering me since she had called. Why did she hate me so much a he wanted me dead?