Chapter 19

Calum's POV
I lay awake when I should really be asleep. My mind keeps wandering. Dalila was abused by her parents. And I hit her too. God I felt like such and idiot. I knew something was wrong and yet...

I sighed and flipped over in my bed. Her mom wanted her to go home for the funeral but she didn't want to go. I didn't want her to go either but now I think she should go. Not alone of course but it's her father.

I run a hand through my hair and sigh. If she does go though her mom will be there. I don't trust that woman now that I heard what she did to Dalila.

I feel like I would kill anybody who hurt her before, now, or in the future. It's killing me that I had hurt her. Even though she said it was okay and she was fine now, I'll never forgive myself.

I want her to be happy.

Dalila's POV
I open my eyes and blink. It's completely dark outside. I check the clock.

2:12 am

Why did I wake up? I lay still and try to see if I hear anything. I waited a few seconds but it was silent. I turned over and closed my eyes trying to fall back asleep.

A crash jolted my eyes open. I quickly rolled out of bed and pulled my phone over. I dialed 911.

It rung two times before someone picked up.

"911 how may we help you?"

"I think someone's in my house." I say and try to listen for anything else. I heard footsteps and whisper shouts saying something about hurrying up.

"Can you tell me what is going on?" The lady asked.

"I heard a crash and I hear footsteps and someone talking." I wait a few more seconds. Something was being dragged across the floor. I quickly told the lady.

"Okay ma'am what's your address?" She asked and I immediately told her.

"We will send the police. Now stay calm and don't do anything rash." She said and waited for me to say okay before hanging up.

I stayed curled up in the floor and waited. I heard police sirens after a few minutes.

"The cops are here! go! go!" I heard someone shout and loud footsteps raced up the stairs. A door clicked open and I held my breath.

"She should be in here." Someone whispered.

"Come out with your hands up!" Said a man from outside. I didn't dare move.

The footsteps searched around in which ever room they were in before closing the door and moving on.

Another door clicked open. A strip of light flashed across my room. My heart raced. What are they doing in here? What are they searching for?

I heard footsteps slowly trail around the other side of my bed. They got closer and closer.

I could see his shoes now.

He slowly turned and our eyes made contact.  He lunged at me and I started screaming.

He held something against my face and I felt dizzy immediately. My eyes drifted closed and I felt myself being dragged away.

A/N haha... Please don't kill me😅😅😑 I have a plan!!! I can't tell you it but I assure you it's a good one! That you for reading it up to now! Make sure to vote and comment!!