Chapter 5

Calum's POV
Since I saw her this morning my heart didn't feel right. It kept fluttering when she looked at me. I felt the butterflies I haven't felt since forever.

As I stare at her now, her eyes put me in a trance. I just want to reach over and run my fingers through her hair.

I clear my throat trying to stop myself from standing up and kissing her. I look away and so does she. Her face is dusted with a light blush and I smile to myself.

"Why don't we start?" I say and she turns and even darker shade of pink.

She nods and we both start writing down something. My mind kept wandering and I couldn't really focus on the paper. Dalila was on my mind again like she always was. I looked over at her again. Her small hand was holding the pencil and writing as fast as she could.

A piece of hair had fell from behind her ear and I resisted reaching over to tuck it back into place. She looked over at me and I quickly looked down again.

She went back to writing and I decided to do the same. I started to write whatever came to mind and finished just as the teacher told us to switch. I handed mine to her and waited as she scribbled down one last thing.

I started to read it over and was blown away by the quality and the way she stated everything. Mine felt like nothing compared to it. I started to write how much it sounded like a real article from a newspaper when the bell rang and we handed them in.

Dalila walked out the door and I speed walked to catch up to her.

"I don't have more classes so I'm going to drive home okay?" She said to me and I nodded. She walked to the parking lot and got in her car.

Luke patted me on the back but didn't say anything. Michael and Ashton appeared and we started walking to our practice spot. I set down my bag and grabbed the base guitar.

I pulled out the sheet music and we all started playing. Ashton started on the drums followed by me playing a few chords then Luke started to sing.

"Everybody's got their demons. Even wide awake or dreaming. I the one who ends up leaving to make it okay."

Then I join him in the next verse.

"See a war I want to fight it. See a match I want to strike it. Every fire I've ignited faded to grey."

"But now that I'm broken! And now that you know it! Caught up in a moment can you see inside?" Luke sings.

"Cause I've got a jet black heart."
"And there's a hurricane underneath it trying to keep us apart." We all sang.

"I write with a poison pen but these chemicals moving between us are the reason to start again."
Then we stopped because that was all we had so far.

We heard clapping from the door and when I looked I saw Dalila clapping.

"I thought you left?" Ashton says.

"I did but I forgot my camera so I came back and I heard something and I found you guys." She says with a smile. My heart skips a beat.

"You guys sounded so professional!" She said and I set down my base. She looked over at me and smiled. "Are you trying out for a show?"

"We were thinking about it." I say before I realized it. I looked away. She could always make me talk even though I haven't talked to anybody I wasn't close with for a while. It was weird.

In a good way, I decided as I looked over at her smiling face.