Kapitel 13 - Prank (part 1)

Joe's P.O.V

I hear a voice talking over the radio: "...We have now landed. On the behalf of Norwegian and I, we all hope you have a great time here in Denmark..."

I stand up, take my bag in the hand and my coat over me arm. I walk pass the stewardesses, smiles at them and walk out in the cold, danish weather. I pull out my vlogging camera, and start recording. I point it at my feet, like an ordinary vlogger would do, and turn the camera off, as soon as I'm inside. I follow some people, that are walking towards the place, where you get you get your baggage - I can never remember their name. I stop and, just like the other people, I wait. I look at my watch.

"Ten PM already?" I mumble, and look up. Hopefully this won't take long.

_________________________________________________________________

When I finally see my baggage, over half the people who stood here earlier, has left. I grab the handle on my suitcase, and drags it over the floor, and out of a door, where rain is dripping down from the dark sky above me.

"Great." I say quietly and sign, while taking my jacket on. I look around and drags a hand through my, already way too long, hair. There must be some taxies around here. A green car, with the lights on, catches my eye, and I walk towards it. I knock on the window, to get the taxi drivers attention. He looks over at me, and rolls the window down.

"Hvad?!" he asks, but I don't recall what the word means. I should probably have listened some more to Amanda, when she spoke danish to her family, the last time I was here. Or just take a class or something.

"Sorry, but are you free, or can you drive me to my hotel?" I ask and feel the rain landing all over my body.

"Jump in." he says and I do what he says. I lay my hand on the handle of the door, and open it. I lay my suitcase and bag on one of the two backseat, before I jump in myself.

"Where are you going?" the taxi driver ask. I take out a piece of paper, and hands it to the man. He looks at it, nods and folds the paper, before he hands it back to me. He starts the car, and drives away from the airport.

________________________________________________________________

I look out of the window, and see some dark shadows, that supposedly is Copenhagen.

"So what are a brit like you doing here in Denmark?" the taxi driver ask. I look over at him and shrugs.

"Just visiting someone, that I haven't spoken to in awhile." I say and a wave of guilty conscience comes over me. It's my fault that my contact with Amanda is lacking. I haven't replied to her texts, calls or emails. And when we spoke, we spoke about how busy we both are. That's not the point of an relationship. Some people would probably break up because of this, but I just can't. I can't break up with Amanda. I love too much. And now I'm here. Surprising her with my presence. Or that's what I'm hoping to do. All I need is some help. And I know just where do find it...

_________________________________________________________________

"Thank you." I say, when the taxi driver pulls in. I slam the car door and walks into the hotel, and towards the counter.

"Hej og velkommen til Mercur Hotel. Har du booket et værelse?" a lady asks. I shake my head, and open my mouth to say something, but she interrupts me.

"Oh, sorry! Welcome to Mercur Hotel. Have you booked a room?" she asks again. I nod and say my name.

"May I see some ID?" she asks, and I hand her my passport. She types on her computer and lay the passport in front of me on the counter. Next to it, she lays a roomkey and a map over Copenhagen.