Endings

The world seemed to stand still around them. Isaac, Derek, Scott and Stiles didn't move. Derek still kneeled next to Stiles, as Stiles held her in his arms. Scott and fell back, going from his knees to his bottom as he felt tears drip down his cheek. Isaac stood a bit away, next to the twins who had no huge reaction to her injury. Lydia and Kira had came out and stood at the top of the stairs, Lydia starting to cry. 

         Stiles didn't move at all, his chest hardly even rose as he breathed. None of the werewolves heard her heartbeat and Scott looked up. Of course he felt bad. His chest felt like there was a thousand pounds in it. He couldn't hear her heartbeat, it felt like the night before all over again. First he lost Allison, then Jayla. Everybody he cares about was dying, and there was nothing he could do about it. 

          Reluctantly he stood up and took out his phone. Of course he has to tell his mom. Instead he calls an ambulance. There was still that small sliver of hope in his chest, along with Stiles', neither of them could possibly fathom a world without Jayla. It wasn't possible. There was no way that any of them could do it. Stiles had moved his hand enough to call his dad. 

          Ten minutes after the call, there were cop cars everywhere along with a rescue. Stilinski wasn't even able to look at the body of her. He couldn't let himself look at her, he almost lost his son and now he lost somebody who was as close to a daughter as he could get. Doctors took Jayla from Stiles' arms, causing Stiles to start shaking. Finally cracking under the pain. Stilinski brought him into a hug as Stiles sobbed into his dad's shoulder.

           One of the last things Jayla had told him was that she loves him, and she did. She loved him with her entire being, but he wasn't able to say it back. He didn't get the chance. He had froze in shock. They took her body to the hospital, the whole way they tried their hardest to bring her back but nothing worked at all. He loved her back. There was no doubt about it. It never came through, but even from a younger age he had loved her. Sure it had grown within the past year, but he still knew he had felt it. 

        It was never stronger than what he used to feel for Lydia but at some point it overpowered it. His lover for that one girl overcame everything, and he didn't even get to tell her. They didn't have the talk they needed. She died believing that Stiles like Lydia over her, but god was she wrong. To the world she was gone, her heart had stopped and she took no breaths. 

       However,

          Bright and white. Everything was bright and white. My eyes stung when I opened them, my pupils dilating to let less light it. When I glanced around there was nothing. Not like the usual white rom, no nemeton. No other people. Just me, just cold bloody me. Everything started shaking around me, causing my eyes to flick around the room. 

          Shocks went through me, like electricity. My eyes squeezed shut and when I opened them I saw mom, Scott, Stiles and Lydia standing next to each other.  We were in a cold room and Stilinski came in. "They're cleaning her up. I'm sorry." Shaking my head I walked up to them. "No. Scott, Stiles look at me. I'm right here, stop crying." 

        No matter what I did, nobody even glanced at me. "Of course you can't hear me." I followed a doctor the left the room and into a morgue. My body was cleaned and the doctor left, leaving the room empty. "Okay, how hard can this be? Just bring myself back. All I have to do is let myself go back." Taking a deep breath and reaching my hand out, I squeezed my eyes shut. "Come back Jayla. Come back." My hand touched my arm and I felt a gust of wind sweep my hair around.

          A deep gasp came from my mouth as I opened my eyes. Quickly I looked around the room and I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I stood up and glanced down to where I was stabbed, all that was on my body was a hospital gown. The wound was gone but I didn't feel different. No heightened senses. No impulses. I felt nothing.