kanima

Lydia and I walked out of the bathroom just as the bell rang for next period. Chemistry. Lydia walked ahead of me but Scott and Stiles cut me off. "They're going to test her. This period. For being the kanima." I nodded at the boys and slid past them to get to class. Scott stole the seat on Lydia's right and Stiles pulled a seat up to the desk on her left.

On the other hand I sat in the desk on the left side of them and sighed. Allison came in and took the seat on my right glancing at Stiles. Erica and Isaac weren't in the room yet so I turned to her. "Erica and Isaac are going to test Lydia for being the kanima. Try to make sure they don't talk to her." She nodded and the two beta werewolves walked in just as the bell rang. "Einstein once said, "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; And I'm not sure about the universe." I myself have encountered infinite stupidity. So to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one."

I rolled my eyes and tapped my nails on the table. Could Harris be any more of a douche when it came to Stiles? "Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with -" All the boys and even a couple girls put their hands up and Harris rolled his eyes. "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall. All right, next two." I glanced at Scott and he nodded. My lips were pursed as he called my name and put me with Stiles. Thank god.

I sat next to her and we started the experiment.

----------

The class was making crystals. Allison was paired with Lydia. Scott was with Erica. Stiles with Jayla. Stiles was trying to listen in to the conversations around them but it was no use. Jayla was trying her best to focus on the crystal in front of her.

"Whatever you're thinking about doing, wait. Give me a chance to talk to Derek." Scott was trying to reason with Erica but she wasn't exactly up for talking about Derek. "Why don't you talk to me instead?" Allison glanced over at the two and Erica put the two together. "That's funny. In school, you guys act like you're broken up, but she's all over you." Scott shook his head, acting confused, "I don't know what you're talking about." Erica trailed her hand up Scott's thigh and looked at him. "If I were Allison, I'd be wanting you - All the time."

Jayla saw what Erica was doing and nearly growled at the beta from her seat. She hated how Erica and Isaac were treating the situation. Actually, she pretty much hated them both in general at the moment. "Switch." Harris tapped his bell and Stiles got up quickly. Jayla didn't expect the tall male beta to sit next to her for the next portion of the lab.

"I swear to god if you do anything to hurt Lydia, I will pluck all of your little werewolf hairs out one by one and put them on a plate for you to eat." She continued to put the chemicals together as the boy looked down at her. "Really? Might take a while if you do it one by one." She rolled her eyes and turned to him. "You know, I really don't see why you're doing this. It's not Lydia. I would know." He smirked at her and placed a hand on her leg.

"And how would you know that little red?" He referenced to Jayla's dark red hoodie and she scowled at him. "I was with her. The night of the game. She didn't attack your precious alpha. It's not her." He leaned forward and she squinted her eyes at him. "If it's not her. And it's not Jackson. Does that mean it's you?" She leaned towards him and shook her head. "If I was with her then it wasn't me either. I thought you'd be smarter than that."

"Switch." Harris rang the bell and Isaac quickly got up going over to Lydia. Erica sat next to her and the brunette decided to ignore the blonde. "Oh come on Jayla. Don't ignore me now." She scowled as she finished up the experiment and didn't look up. "We're just making sure she's not a threat. You can't blame us can you?" Erica put her elbows on the table and watched Jayla. "That stunt you pulled over there. With Scott. You better not do it again."