HIS SISTER ☙

After school the next day Scott grabbed my arm and dragged me with him out of the building. "Scott? Where are we going?" He didn't reply and I followed behind him. Well, the best I could considering he was running in front of me. 

      Even into the woods which wasn't exactly a place we were supposed to be. Guess we were going to get used to going in there. Suddenly an old house came into view. It looked like it was half burnt and the roof had caved in.

"Derek! Derek! Stay away from her she doesn't know anything." Scott called out, causing none other than Derek Hale to step out of the house from the creaky door. This was the Hale house, where all those people burned in the fire. I shivered and walked up to Scott. 

         "Yeah? What if she does? You think your little buddy Stiles can just google werewolves, and now you got all the answers, is that it? You don't get it yet, Scott, but I'm looking out for you. Think about what could happen. You're out on the field." Derek moved down a step and I stepped forward, putting my arm out in front of my brother. 

          The aggression takes over. And you shift in front of everyone. Your mom, all your friends. And when they see you - everything falls apart." I shot a glare at him as Scott pulled me away from Derek and his house and I was awfully confused. 

      Scott ushered me back through the woods after probably one of the quickest conversations I have ever had and I've had plenty of small conversations with people. "He had something. I could smell it. But I'll wait till we see Stiles to tell you." He muttered and I nodded quickly.

       When we got to the house, mom wasn't home. Meaning she either had work or was just out at the market. Stiles was directed to catch up with Scott and me at the house, so when we walked around the corner, the light blue jeep was of course  "What did you find? How did you find it? and yes I've had a lot of Adderall, so-"

      "I found something at Derek Hale's house." Stiles' head bounced up as he leaned against the door frame, out of breath. I don't think he's ever been in my room so he wasn't sure if he could even enter. I waved him in and he sat at the edge of my bed, facing Scott. "Are you kidding? What?"

        Scott hadn't told me what it was so I leaned in slightly to hear him clearly. "There was something buried there I could smell blood." I leaned too far causing me to nearly fall off my bed. Thankfully, I caught myself and sat up quickly, clearing my throat. 

      "That's awesome!" Stiles glanced at me and I gave him a pointed glare. "I-I mean that's terrible."

      I rolled my eyes and scooted closer to the edge of the bed to where Stiles was. "Whose blood was it?" I inquired, a little too invested in the mystery at hand.

      Scott looked up at us and shrugged. "I don't know. But when we do, Stiles' dad nails Derek for the murder. And then you guys help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing. Because there's no way I'm not playing that game." He suggested.

       It was Stiles' turn to roll his eyes. He leaned forward and sighed. "I have an idea." My hand lifted. Both of their heads snapped up to look at me and I cowered back a little. "Well if Scott smelt that half of the body, he can try to sniff out the other half. The one at the hospital, yanno to see if it matches. Like a hound dog." I stated.

       The two boys shared a look before Scott approved. "That's actually a brilliant idea. Jayla you are a genius." Scott smiled at me as I stood up. "Alright Stiles, drive us to the hospital." His mouth twitched and he looked at me. 

       "Wha- why do I have to drive?" He exclaimed, shaking his head. I leaned down to his face level since he was still sitting and smiled while holding out my hand.