She's better than you.

Red eyes. Everywhere I looked I saw the same red eyes. I tried to look around them but it's as if they were trying to hide something. My body tossed and turned on my bed. My heart was racing in my chest and I froze. Why am I back at the school? Where are Scott and Stiles?

My feet moved underneath me and I traveled up the stairs and looked into various classrooms. Where could they be? A growl was behind me and I whimpered, falling to the floor. Once more the alpha was over me, but this time he didn't let me go.

This time he howled in my face and raised his arm up and brought it into contact with my neck.

------------------------------------------

"Jayla wake up. Come on wake up." My eyes snapped opened and I sat up quickly wiggling around on the bed but arms wrapped around me. "Jay. It's me, calm down." Stiles' arms tightened and I froze and shook my head. "Okay, I'm fine now. Let me go." He nodded and let go, while I stood up quickly and ran a hand through my damp hair.

"Where are the clothes I keep here?" Stiles pointed to a drawer at the bottom of his dresser. "Thanks." Out of the corner of my eye I could see him watching me, while he sat on the edge of his bed. "Wha-um," He cleared his throat and leaned forward. "Are you okay?"

"Yes Stiles. I'm fine." He shook his head and stood up. "No. No you're not. That definitely did not look okay to me." I turned to face him and scrunched my eyes shut. "Stiles. I'm fine. Now I'm going to go get dressed." He sighed and nodded. "Okay." I grabbed one of my dresses from the drawer and went into his bathroom to change into it.

I have plenty of clothes at Stiles' house with how much Scott and I used to sleep over. Dude even has a whole drawer full of my clothes. I slid on the dress and tried to straighten out the wrinkles. My white shoes fit well with the outfit and I brushed through my hair with my fingers. "Jayla you ready? We're going to be late."

I stepped out of the bathroom and nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready let's go."

--------------

"You have 45 minutes to complete the test. 25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin."

I looked over the questions and bit my lip. I don't know how to to this crap. My eyes flicked around the room. Scott was looking around quickly and he suddenly just got up and left the room. I got up and followed him immediately. "Mr. McCall? Miss McCall!"

I ignored Mr. Harris but heard him should Stiles' name as I rounded the corner. "Scott? Scott?" We got into the locker room and I heard the water to the showers go on. "Jayla, I-I can't-" I ran over and he stood under the water. "What's happening? Are you changing?" Stiles ran up behind me.

"No. No, I can't breathe." Stiles grabbed his inhaler out of his gym locker and handed it to him. "Here, use this. Come on, do it." He brought it up to his mouth and used it. "I was having an asthma attack?" Stiles shook his head. "No, you were having a panic attack. But thinking you were having an asthma attack actually stopped the panic attack. Irony."

Scott looked up at Stiles confused. "How did you know to do that?" Stiles sighed and put a hand on my shoulder. "I used to get them after my mom died. Not fun, huh?" I frowned and put a hand on his back. "I looked at her, and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer."

"Yeah, it's called heartbreak. About 2 billion songs written about it." I nodded. "Yeah about half of them are by Taylor Swift." Stiles pointed at me with his thumb. "I can't stop thinking about her." I sighed and nodded. "Well, you could think about this: Her dad's a werewolf hunter, and you're a werewolf, so it was bound to become an issue."