Things happen

Hospitals are for the sick. For the people with illness. Not for people who just had the a nogitsune nearly kill them. No matter how strongly I felt about it, that was where I was. Sat in a hospital bed, with my mom as my nurse and Scott currently nowhere to be found. The room I was in was white, just like most hospital rooms were. All there was to hear was the sound of the heart monitor, letting me know that I was still alive.

           Speaking of mom she walked into the room with a small smile on her face. "We got your blood pressure back to normal and I think you're free to go."

            I smiled widely as she unclipped the pulse oximeter from my finger and the IV drip from my arm. "You had me stay in this bed for three hours just to let me go?" Mom nodded and kissed my forehead. "I did and Scott is here to bring you home." She handed me clothes to change into and left the room. Once I change out of the admittedly hideous hospital gown and into the jeans and sweater my mom had gave to me. 

             "Are you sure it's okay for me to leave? I mean when Stiles did whatever it was that he did it felt like my life was literally being sucked from my body." Mom had re-entered the room after I had changed and she sighed, nodding at me. "I checked your vitals, they're even and normal. Same goes for your heart rate and anything else that could have happened. Now go. Scott said he had to take you somewhere important first."

                      I nodded and followed out mom out of the room. Scott guided me out of the hospital as I glanced at him. "Where did you need to take me?" He sighed as we got on his bike. "Stiles is getting checked into Eichen House." Before I could reply he sped us away and we pulled up to the institution as Stiles and his dad stood by the gate. As soon as Scott stopped the bike I slid off the helmet and jogged over to Stiles. "Please tell me he's lying."

            "Why didn't you tell me?" Stiles sighed as Stilinski stepped forward. "Because we wanted to avoid something like this. It's only 72 hours." Scott shook his head, "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." Scott nodded and glanced at me. "You don't know everything yet." Stilinski sighed, "I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called." 

       Stiles nodded slightly, facing his dad. "Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." Stilinski glanced at me and furrowed his eyebrows."Jayla, Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist." I stepped forward and felt my heartbeat slightly rise. "Then why are you putting him in here?" Stiles lifted his head and looked at me. "He's not. It was my decision." Scott shifted on his feet as he kept his eyes on Stiles. "Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here."

           Stiles nodded slightly but sighed, "And I can't hurt you." Scott shook his head quickly and sighed, "Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't..." Stiles leaned forward, towards Scott and glanced at me quickly, "If you can't... If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out." 

             I shook my head and stepped forward, "No Stiles-" Stiles shook his head. "Jayla, I'll be alright. You'll be safe." Stilinski put a hand on Stiles' shoulder and turned him slightly. "Come on." I went to step forward but Scott grabbed my arms. "Jayla, Jayla stop!" I turned and groaned. "Let's get you home." I nodded tightly and waited as Scott got on the bike. "Can we go home?" Scott nodded slightly. "Yeah, sure. Hold on." He turned on the bike and drove us home, where I laid down and went to bed. 

           Darkness was all around me. I felt the cold air on my skin and my hair was a mess against my head. "Hello?" My voice echoed slightly and I felt myself wandering through the trees, trying to get somewhere. "Jayla. Come and find me." That was the voice of the nogitsune and as much as I wanted to turn and walk the opposite way I followed it. I followed the voice down the hill and across the creek, then back up.