NIGHTMARES ☙

The door to my room was open as I came back from downstairs with a cup of water in m hand. Slowly, i inched my way down the hall, read to toss my cup in someones face if needed. "Hello?" My voice was shaky as I pushed the door open fully. 

     I let out a sigh of relief as I saw who was in my room. "Jesus, Scott what are you doing in here? Are you alright?" He nodded but didn't move off the bed, quietly sitting with his head down. "Why are you in here? It's like 3 am." He looked at me and I realized his face was covered with sweat and his eyes looked red.

      "Oh my god, what's wrong?" I sat next to him, placing my cup on the floor and putting my arms over his shoulder. He simply let out a grumble, no words leaving his mouth. It had been years since I'd seen Scott in this state. It was more frequent back when our dad first left, he always ended up in my bedroom at night.

      "Come on. Lay down."I said softly, pushing him until he was on his side. I moved the blanket so I could place it over him and let him fall asleep till the morning came.

    As the sun came through my window I sat up on my bed, a quick glance behind me showed Scott still passed out on his side of the bed. I didn't really want to wake him up but considering we had school I needed to.

     I nudged his side until he grumbled, his eyes shooting open. "Jayla? How am I... I'm in your room? How did I-" I shook my head, pulling the blanket off of him.

       As I pulled my hair out of its ponytail I shrugged, "I honestly have no clue what happened to you last night but you looked wrecked. Okay? But it doesn't matter right now, go get dressed we're going to be waking up a Stilinski." He grinned and left my room leaving me to get changed.

      We met out in the living room and got on our bikes to ride to Stiles' house. Stiles had given us a key to his house once for our birthday. Said it was for any time he needed us or the other way around.

   This time fit into that category but there have been multiple times we, well, I had used it for dumb reasons. One being when I wanted dinner and knew Stiles had ordered pizza, so of course being the cheese loving person I am, came over as soon as possible.

    As we entered his bedroom Stiles was, very much twisted and curled almost into his blanket. You'd think part of his scrawny body was inside the actual mattress.

         His left arm stretched across the bed and his fingers were a little bit over the side. His right hand was placed on his stomach and his waist was wrapped in the blue blanket from his bed. It looked like his legs were twisted to the right and his head was facing the left and his cheek was touching the pillow.

         I let out an aw and stepped closer to the bed. "Aw... Stiles wake up!" I yelled, instantly hearing footsteps run down the hallway. How the two of us managed to sneak past a literal sheriff, I don't know but we did so when the door flew open, Stilinski just glanced between my brother and I. 

    "I-" He paused, "How long have you been here?" He asked quietly and I shrugged.

    "Just got here, I really needed to tell Stiles something. I don't think I could've held it in any longer. " Scott shook his head at me. What? It wasn't a total lie. "But, he's not exactly waking up, so if you could?" I smiled tightly, gesturing towards the sleeping boy.

          He begrudgingly agreed before stepping into the room more. "Stiles.... Stiles!" The sheriff's voice seemed to snap him awake and right away he groaned, rubbing his eyes. When they opened and landed on Scott and me, he jumped back, hitting his head on the wall.

       Stilinski nodded at us before leaving the room and I clasped my hands together. "Calm down. Now get up and get dressed we'll be downstairs." Stiles grumbled and got up, pushing Scott and I out of the room. We went down the stairs and into the kitchen where Stilinski was making coffee.