you're killing her

"Jayla you've been sitting on Stiles' bed since I left. And that was at nine." Stilinski stood in the doorframe of Stiles' room. Ever since I found out Stiles went missing again I was just slightly numb. Scott told me to go home and rest, I tried telling him it wouldn't work but he insisted. So I did, I went home. For about ten minutes and then I had to. I had to go to the Stilinski house and that's where I was now. 

          Stilinski was home when I got there, he let me go up to Stiles' room. Probably thought I just needed something but after half a hour he came up and noticed I was still there. He didn't ask anything just frowned and said he had to go to the station. Like he said that was at nine. Last time I glanced at the clock it was two am but now that I look it's three fifty.  As tired as I was, and I was. I've been awake since about six that morning when I woke up to Stiles beginning to toss and turn in his hospital bed. That's almost 2 days ago. 

        I have no idea how I've managed to stay awake for this long. Well I had dozed off a couple times for about an hour or so but other than that? Not much sleep had been happening. Especially not today. It was Sunday and we didn't have school so I tried to go out and find Stiles, instead I just ran into Derek who dragged me home and told me to stay out of the way, rest and then come back out. Of course I didn't listen to Derek, since when do I So instead I came back here.

        Stilinski let me stay and like he said, I've been on Stiles' bed ever since.

          My shoulders slumped as he spoke. "You haven't found him yet have you." Stilinski shook his head as he stepped into the room. "We haven't and you haven't slept. You need to sleep." I shook my head and glanced up at him. "I'm not tired." Like always Stilinski shook his head. "You know you would always say that when you used to sleep over. You would say it but then the next time I checked in you'd be the first one to fall asleep."

           A slight laugh slipped from my mouth before I yawned. "That's because you always asked and then I got tired after you left." Stilinski chuckled and nodded. "So next time I check on you will you be asleep?" I shook my head and I felt the tears come to my eyes again. These damn tears keep coming to my eyes over and over again. It's not like I want to cry. Honestly, I'd rather do anything but cry. I'd rather be out there looking for Stiles. "Come on lay down. You're going to bed." As Stilinski spoke I laid back on the bed.

                 "No I-" I shook my head but Stilinski put his hand on my shoulder. "Sleep Jayla." As soon as my head hit the pillow I start to actually feel how tired I was. "Now I'm-" I was cut off by a yawn and Stilinski grabbed Stiles' blanket, pulling it up and kissing my forehead. "Goodnight Jayla." I sighed deeply as I closed my eyes. "Night dad." 

--------------------

            At some point in the next day I was woken up by my phone blaring into my ear. "Hello?"

          "We found him." Instantly I sat up in Stiles' bed, glancing over at the alarm clock. 1:30pm. "What? You found him?" As Scott's words left his mouth I nearly jumped out of bed and out of the house. Stilinski wasn't home as I left, he was when I fell asleep.

           As soon as I got there I glanced over Scott, Ethan and Aiden. "Scott? Where's Stiles?"

         "I'm right here." Still pushed in-between the twins and I sighed in relief, "Oh god, you're okay. Where have you been? No forget that I don't care are you okay?" His hands rested on my back as he nodded, "I'm okay, I'm fine." I nodded and glanced around as I pulled back from the hug. "Okay good, but why exactly are you guys down in the basement?"

       Scott glanced at Ethan and Aiden as I squinted my eyes. "What was that? What was the knowing look? Is there something you're not telling me?" The twins turned to Scott, "You didn't tell her?"