Chapter 12: I Love you

Começar do início

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder.

Like really. Where was this nigga taking me? He finally set me down on my feet. I felt him behind me untying the scarf.

"You can look now."

I opened my eyes and I almost cried.

"This is so beautiful."

He took me back on roof but this time it was so much prettier. He had a candlelit table set up with roses. There was a server standing by the table smiling. He even had a piano player and the view was amazing.

I turned around facing him.

"You did all of this?"

"Only for my baby." he said

I smiled and kissed him. He pulled back and took my hand.

"Come on." he said.

He walked me to the table and he pulled out my chair. I gave him a smile and sat down. He walked to his side of the table and took a seat. I was looking out in awe at the city when I felt eyes on me.

"What?" I said.

" You are so special." he said.

"You are too." I smiled. "Special ed."

We started laughing because that's how it all started.

"No but really." I said. "You really are special to me."

he smiled and reached across the table for my hand.

"Alexia,I have never felt this way before. When I'm around you I feel like I can be myself. You always know what to say to make me feel better and even through all the bullshit you are still here."

I started blushing.

"I really feel like you love me for me and don't judge me. Ever since I laid eyes on you, I can't stop thinking about you."

This nigga was really about to make me cry.

I got up from my seat and sat in his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. I pulled back and rested my forehead on his.

"You are so unpredictable." I said

he batted his eyes.

"Oh stop it." he said acting he was blushing.

"You are such a clown!" I said slapping his chest.

The server came back with a bucket of ice and wine. I got up from DJ's lap and walked back to my side of the table.

"Toast." DJ said raising up his glass. "To the most amazing women I've ever laid eyes on."

He had me blushing hard. I raised my glass and said "And to the most incredible man I've ever met."

We tapped glasses, of course looking each other in the eyes. I'll be damned if I have 7 years of bad sex.

He got up and came to my side of the table.

"Dance with me." he said reaching out his hand. I put down my glass and grabbed his hand.

We walked to he middle of the roof and it happened. The pianists played my favorite song, If This World Were Mine by Luther Vandross. It was my favorite song because it came from one of my favorite movies.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I know my girl."

I smiled, wrapped my arms around his neck, and rested my head on his shoulder. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. Damn he knows how to make a girl feel loved and protected.