1

Copyright 2022 © Isabella Florindo
This book is licensed for your enjoyment only. This book may not be copied or reposted. Thank you for respecting my hard work.
You can also find the original version of this book on my page.

*Please note many of the characters have changed*

The fiery sun beat down the black tar track.
I continued to push my body past its limits as I finished another lap around the training area.
I was moving so fast, my feet bouncing off the ground. To my left, I could hear the sound of my father cheering, "alright, Bia! See now that is a wolf who does their training!" I smiled cheekily as I finally came to a stop.
I was sweating profusely, the hairs on my forehead glued to my face. I dragged my feet against the ground onto the grass.

"Time?" I asked breathlessly, my lungs burning.

"5.8." My father looked down at the small stopwatch in his hand. "Nice job, kiddo." He congratulated me with a wide toothy grin. I signed in exhaustion. Letting my body fall back down onto the grass with a loud thud. My father stood over me, a smile still plastered on his face holding out a water bottle. Water droplets slid down the sides of the plastic bottle.

"I...can...do...better." I huffed out between long chugs of the cold water. "5 miles In 5 minutes-"

"5.8." I interrupted. He laughed "you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You were the first one done."

I closed my eyes and let the warmth from the blazing star cover me. The beads of sweat dripped down the sides of my face into the soft grass. I lay there quietly, the wind blowing gently past my ears. I could hear every footstep from the others finishing their miles.

"Wash up and get ready for..."  He didn't finish his statement; instead blew loudly through his whistle, the sound ripping through the calm summer air. So much for tranquility.

"Let's go! Come on! My grandmother can run faster than that!" My father's voice boomed.

"Alright, pops. I'll see you later." I laughed. I got up from the ground, adjusting, ready to take a much-needed shower. I pat my father on the back like he would do so many times when I was a child. "Tomorrow, I will finish in less than 5."

The pack-house wasn't far from the training tracks. The large three-floor house was home to some of the pack's top members, the alpha and luna, the beta, and the pack's top warriors.
I was the third overall warrior in the whole pack.

My room was on the second floor with the other warriors and the beta. I had recently moved into the pack house, and for the first time in 9 years, I finally could use the bathroom without the displeasure of hearing constant pounding on the door and demands to 'get out from my younger brothers.

I grabbed a fresh towel before striding into my bathroom for a much-needed shower.

As soon as the warm water hit my aching body, I sighed. I placed my hands against the cold tiles in front of me and allowed the water to run down my body soaking my blond curls.
As I reached over to grab my shampoo bottle, my wolf made a yelping noise in my head. It caused the hairs on the back of my neck to rise.

In confusion, I called out to her but received no response. I took a long whiff of the air around me, but nothing seemed ordinary. I called out again and waited for a reply, but when nothing occurred, I finished showering and getting dressed. Black jeans and a white top. Nothing too formal, but better than my usual sweats. Tonight was going to be the ceremony and dinner to commemorate the alpha's son taking over the pack. I was in no mood for it. I am not a fan of the soon-to-be alpha, Elijah. He, by no means, was a man I respected. Two years older than me cruel and immature man who enjoys nothing more than hurting others; physically, mentally, and emotionally. I knew his father delayed passing on the alpha title to him because of his ways. He enjoyed sleeping around with many of the she-wolves of the pack and neighboring ones, rubbing his birth-given alpha status in the noses of others and using it to manipulate the valuable she-wolves. Pathetic.