Chapter 26

Camila's P.O.V.

December 26th. Finally. Although I love Christmas, the past two days had dragged by. I went through the usual motions with my sister: writing letters to Santa, baking cookies for the jolly old soul; I mean don't get me wrong I enjoyed all of these things, in fact I looked forward to them each year, but something felt off this year. Not to mention Christmas in Miami felt nothing like Christmas in New York, it was literally scorching here...I just didn't feel like it was Christmas which has to be the suckiest feeling in the world. I couldn't complain though, I mean my dad finally bought me a car so I could actually be somewhat independent. A dark red Ford Fusion actually. Not only was the weather fucked up, but between all of the festivities and events that came along with the holiday, I hadn't been able to see Lauren, hell I'd barley been able to talk to her. That's why I was particularly excited for this evening because Lauren, Normani, Ally and I were getting together to do our own gift exchange at Ally's favorite restaurant: Waffle House of course.

Usually we would groan at the option due to the amount of times we go there, but we were all so happy to see each other no one had the heart to object. Besides, the setting was perfect and although Miami heat was really killing my usually ever present Christmas spirit, the tiny restaurant brought the sense of Christmas cheer I had longed for all month. It was cold inside and as all of my friends complained, I hid my hands in the sleeves of my sweater, relishing in the cool temperature. This is what it should feel like outside. The tall Christmas tree in the corner of the place was lit perfectly and the lights were shining brightly in my friends eyes. On the backs of each chair was an over-sized Santa hat, and on top of all of the circular lights hanging from the ceiling were large red bows.

Upon our arrival the four of us exchanged hugs as Ally squealed a plethora of "Merry Christmas everybody!" We stomped into Waffle House together telling each other about what we did and what we got for Christmas, and as much as I tried to pay attention to the girls in front of me, the green eyed beauty sitting beside me was making me crazy...and she wasn't even doing anything. Her bright red shirt made her eyes an unbelievable shade of emerald and her dark wash ripped jeans were making me want to rip them off, but I intended to push those thoughts from my mind as soon as possible. Aside from the four of us there was no one else in the small building and I was grateful for that because in all honesty we were being pretty loud, thank God the workers didn't seem to mind.

"So what are your holiday traditions, Mila?" Ally asked, and I felt everyone direct their attention at me.

"Well, me and my family always get together and bake cookies for Santa of course, but one of my favorite traditions will always be writing letters to Santa with my sister. Seeing her get so excited over something so small reminds me of the actual importance of Christmas. The innocence of it all. I love it." I mused, reflecting on the tradition I shared with Sofi.

"Oh. My. God. That's so precious. " Ally gushed as Normani nodded in agreement.

"She's right, Camz, that's adorable." Lauren seconded, reaching over to plant a kiss on my cheek and intertwining our fingers in the process.

"You're adorable." I stated cheesily, giggling at myself.

"Shut up." she shook her head, but smiled anyway.

"You guys are gross." Normani said, feigning disgust.

Our conversation was interrupted by out waitress coming to take our order.

"Are you guys ready to order." asked the dark skinned woman, smiling politely at the four of us.

"Yes ma'am!" Ally exclaimed, knowing that we all knew what we wanted.