Chapter 7

Camila's P.O.V

All I remember is that I woke up to Lauren untangling herself from me. If it was Dinah or anyone else it would be normal, but this was Lauren, and I didn't want to invade her personal space. I tended to cuddle things in my sleep and I had completely forgotten to warn her about my sleeping habit.

As soon as I realized that she was trying to release herself from my grasp, I darted to the other side of the bed as quickly as my body would allow me. My heart was racing and my head spin from getting up so suddenly. I attempted to apologize, but it just came out in sleepy, stuttered sentences. I thought that being in that position would make Lauren uncomfortable, but after apologizing to her, she threw me a sassy comment which reassured me that she was in fact not bothered by the incident. I was filled with so much relief and playfully threw a pillow at the bigger girl, before taking her hand and leading her to Dinah's room.

Don't ask me why I grabbed Lauren's hand. I'm not even sure why myself, but as soon as I intertwined our fingers I felt something. Butterflies. But that didn't make sense because I had a boyfriend, and I was straight, and me and Lauren were just friends. I buried the thought under all of my other hidden feelings that I never intended to address.

After barging into Dinah's room, I was shocked to see the girl actually awake. Dinah had never been the type to wake up before me, or any time before one in the afternoon for that matter, but today she was up before ten o'clock in the morning. It wasn't long after we entered the room that we got an explanation for her early awakening. She was hungry as hell, and she made absolutely no efforts to hide it.

After a few minutes of listening to Dinah complain, I took Lauren's hand once again and led the two down to the kitchen so we could begin making breakfast for all of us. Dinah would prepare the fruit, Lauren would cook the pancakes, and I would scramble the eggs.

It wasn't long after we began that I became tired of the silence, plus I wanted to have a little fun while cooking our breakfast.

"Dinah." I said in a hushed whisper, making sure that Lauren couldn't hear.

My friend looked up at me, waiting for my response. I picked up an egg out of the carton, darted my eyes over to the girl preparing pancakes, and made a smashing motion with my hand. The taller girl, understanding what I was implying, nodded and covered her mouth with her hand to stifle a laugh.
I tiptoed across the cold floor, Dinah keeping her eyes on me, and finally reached the area where Lauren was standing, unnoticed. I eyed Dinah, unsure if I should follow through, but Dinah nodded vigorously, giving me all of the reassurance I needed. As soon as I cracked the egg on to Lauren's skull, Dinah and I both fell on the floor in hysterical laughter.

I had not felt this type of joy in who knows how long, and I was glad that Dinah was here to laugh with me. There was something about Lauren that made me genuinely happy to be around her, something that made me want to be around her all the time, and I appreciated that she could bring out this type of happiness in me that I rarely felt anymore.

I didn't see Lauren's exact reaction because my eyes were closed and my body was shaking with laughter, but when I felt a thick, sticky fluid running down the back of my neck, I knew she had gotten her revenge.

Before I could react, Lauren was all the way across the room hidden behind Dinah, like a scared puppy.

She wasn't getting away with that.

I walked slowly towards Dinah, each step increasing the tension, but I knew Dinah wouldn't budge, and the girl wasn't even visible from behind Dinah's body.

Although I couldn't see anything except for the top of Lauren's head, I anticipated that she would try to make an escape when I got close enough to Dinah. Lauren bolted out from behind the taller girl, and I tackled her to the ground.