Chapter 14

I woke up to the sound of Camila's short breaths next to me. We had fallen asleep in each other's arms, but somehow in the night our bodies separated. It took me a moment to process my surrounding, finally realizing where I was and more importantly, who I was with.

I assumed that it was around ten in the morning because that was usually the time I woke up. Considering how peacefully I slept, it could have been any time. The light flowed through the blinds in the window, illuminating the entire room.

Glancing over at Camila, I took in every feature, the glow shining through the window highlighting each feature and making it easier to admire them. Her lips formed a natural heart, and her eyelashes curled from where she had slept on them. I noticed how her nose sloped to the most adorable point, and how her smooth olive skin was a direct contrast to the white sheets we were laying on. I found myself lost in the absurdity of it all. A silly little crush of mine turned out to be something much more than I expected, definitely better than what I expected.

I simply stared at the girl laying beside me for about twenty minutes before I snapped myself out of my trance and decided to wake Camila. I leaned over her body, my lips lingering close to her skin, and finally began to leave soft pecks against her face. I started on her forehead, then moved to her temple and down to her cheeks before I saw her eyelashes flutter open. She took in her surroundings slowly, taking time to process where she was and who or what was awakening her.

"Laureeeen," she mumbled, "I'm so sleepy."

I replied by moving my lips down to the smaller girls jaw, placing small kisses there. It wasn't until my lips reached the area in between the base of her neck and her collar bone that she actually reacted.

"Alright I'm up." Camila said, eyes wide, slightly shocked from the action.

"That's what I thought." I laughed, pushing myself off of the brown eyed girl.

"Shut up." she replied, biting her lip and rolling over on top of me.

She lowered her lips in an attempt to connect them with mine, but I pushed her off of me playfully.

"Not before you brush your teeth, Camz." I jabbed playfully.

"Oh, come on, Lauren. Just one kiss." she reasoned, but I was stubborn.

"You know that bacteria, like, poop in your mouth when you're sleeping? And I don't know about you but I don't really want to swap bacteria poop kisses, even though you do look undeniably adorable right now." I answered, causing the smaller girl to frown.

"Fine. I'll go brush my teeth." Camila said, rolling off of the bed and walking into the bathroom.

I heard the water run, and the sound of a drawer open and shut before she reappeared in the bedroom, rolling her eyes at me sarcastically.

"I'm going to go make breakfast. I hope you like waffles." she stated, making her way to the kitchen.

I pushed myself off of the large bed, grabbed the girl's wrist, and spun her around to face me. When I leaned in to kiss her, she pushed away. Somewhat confused, I let go of her arm.

"It's not like I really want your bacteria poop either." she said with a smirk, before turning around and skipping back into the kitchen to start breakfast.

I rolled my eyes at the younger girl's smart ass move, but I admired her cleverness.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, but stayed in there a little longer to wash my face and run a brush through my hair. Even though Camila had seen me at some pretty bad times, I wanted to make myself presentable for the girl that I felt so strongly for.