Chapter 18

Lauren's P.O.V.

"Dinah! You're unbelievable." I choked out, shaking my head in response.

"What? I'm just asking. I mean you guys were alone in a fucking cabin for an entire week for crying out loud! Emphasis on the fucking. I mean that was, like, the only time you guys get to freely experiment without getting caught. Jesus, Lauren, what were you thinking?" Dinah said, exasperated.

It was Wednesday night and I was at Camila's house like I had been for every night this week. Camila left Dinah and I alone in her room while she went to shower; I should have expected this topic to come up with Dinah at some point, but I didn't expect her to be so blunt about it. Of course we had done some "experimenting" in the cabins, just not the type of experimenting Dinah was talking about.

"I don't know Dinah. Maybe I was thinking about the fact that we weren't even official yet, and her parents were literally in a cabin right beside us?" I answered logically.

"You think you can make Mila scream that loud Jauregui? Damn." she taunted back, raising her eyebrows.

"Dinah!" I scolded, throwing a pillow in her direction.

I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought of actually making Camila scream, but pushed the thought away immediately out of embarrassment. It was only seconds later that Camila entered with a towel wrapped around her head.

"What did I just miss?" she asked curiously, noting my red cheeks and Dinah's slightly frazzled hair.

"Oh ju-" Dinah attempted.

"Nothing!" I screamed loudly, cutting the taller girl off.

"Well...Okay," Camila groaned, lifting her eyebrows in suspicion, "I'm going to go dry my hair now.."

She picked up her pink hair dryer out of the corner of her room and turned to leave once again. Once I was sure she was long gone down the hall, I turned to Dinah and smacked her on the arm swiftly.

"Fuck you, Dinah." I spat.

"Okay, maybe I deserved that, but I didn't know you could hit that hard!" she whined, rubbing her arm where I had left a red mark.

"Anyway, before you started talking about all the sexual shit, I actually had a question." I sputtered nervously, completely disregarding the scenario that occurred only seconds before.

"Alright, shoot." she replied seriously, crossing her legs and resting her head on her fist.

"Well I know Camila is going to want to spend time with you since you are here, but I was thinking that maybe after you leave I could take her on a date. Like, a real date. I just don't know what I could take her to do?" I ended.

"That's so cute Lo." Dinah gushed, pulling the skin on her face, "but why don't you just take her out Friday? I actually wanted to make plans with someone but I didn't want to upset Mila and ditch her while I was here."

"Wait...who could you possibly want to hang out with here?" I asked.

Dinah lived hours away from here, and although she was good at making friends, I doubted her ability to become that close with someone over a period of three days.

"Oh her name is Normani. We met a few years ago at a Chris Brown concert and have kept in touch, but I haven't really seen her since then." Dinah explained.

"Wait? Normani? I think I might know her, actually. She works at The Brew." I acknowledged.

"Oh yeah! That's her. She always talks about it. When I told her I was coming down she told me to come visit, but I wasn't really sure where it was. Anyway, we were going to go for pizza Friday night, so you should take Mila on that date!" she convinced.