Chapter 13

Camila's P.O.V.

When Lauren walked into the kitchen with my mom, I was surprised, but grateful for how quickly she had gotten here. I screamed her name a little too enthusiastically and almost engulfed her in a hug, but stopped myself, realizing the company we were surrounded by. I had completely forgotten about the fact that Lauren hadn't met my family. We always talked about it, considering we had been together unofficially for almost three months now; actually it would be exactly three months since I kissed Lauren on Wednesday of this week. It seemed slightly absurd that we had known each other for four months, but she had yet to meet any of my family.

I took control of the situation, introducing Lauren to my family. I knew how nervous she was, I could tell by her body language; she felt small.

She managed to mumble out her name, followed by a smile, which was good enough for my parents.

I don't know what came over me in that moment, but seeing Lauren in a state of nervousness about meeting my parents sparked something strange in me. I craved her, and I knew that if I didn't at least kiss her in the next five minutes, I may explode. I pulled at Lauren's hand, slightly at first as not to make my parents suspicious, but once I was sure we were out of their view, I grasped her hand a little more firmly, and began walking at a swift pace for the rest of the way to my room.

By the time we made it to my room and the door was closed, my desires got the best of me, and I trapped her lips in mine with no hesitation. I quickly attempted to deepen the kiss with my tongue, something we had never done before despite my attempt weeks ago that Lauren declined. Now that Lauren knew that I was serious in my feelings for her, she accepted my attempt willingly, returning the favor. I let the kiss linger for a while, both of us eager for more of the other. I took in her scent, savoring the taste of her tongue and admiring the feeling of her soft lips against mine. Slowly and gently I traced my fingertips over her defined collarbone, her skin erupting in noticeable chills. I surprised myself with my next action, lifting the hem of her shirt to reveal the porcelain skin underneath. When my fingers grazed against the smooth skin, I felt her muscles tense up, causing me to stop the action for a moment, silently asking for her permission to continue. Lauren nodded subtly, our lips still moving together passionately, my fingers drawing shapes on the skin underneath her shirt.

I knew that if we didn't stop what we were doing now, I might not have the self control to stop at all. I pulled away and gazed into her bright green eyes, almost getting lost in them. Her cheeks were flushed and her mouth was hanging open, expressing how surprised she was by my sudden outburst of affection.

"I'm going to go take a shower." I said, out of breath from the make out session that had just occurred.

And God, did I need one.

-

We woke up the next morning before sunrise, both Lauren and I exhausted due to our lack of sleep the night before. We had stayed up all night telling each other stories of our childhood and sharing subtle kisses and touches into the early hours of the morning. The time before the car ride began was a blur, exhaustion making the both of us slightly irritable and unwilling to carry on a conversation.

We piled in the car, my parents in the front seat, Sofi on the left side of me and Lauren on the right. The drive would take hours, so the three of us packed in the back seat decided that it would be best to sleep for part of the ride so that we would be energized by the time we made it to the cabins.

Lauren leaned her head against the window, closing her eyes drowsily. I couldn't help but notice how flawless her features looked even without a stitch of makeup on. I rested my head on the girl's chest, and she raised her arm to pull me into her, resting the arm across my shoulder, her hand hanging in the air lazily. I wrapped my arm around her back, snuggling my face into her chest. Sofi placed her head in my lap and the three of us fell asleep within minutes.