Chapter 12

Camila's P.O.V.

The weeks after I told Lauren how I felt about her were magical, filled with bliss. We were closer than we had ever been. Not much had changed in our relationship except for the physical aspects. She held my hand with pride, and sneaked subtle kisses; not enough to draw attention to the two of us, but just enough to fulfill our urges. Neither of our parents suspected anything except for a close friendship; not that it would matter, both of our parents were very outspoken about their views on sexuality. They believed that love was love, and didn't care much about gender, but that didn't make it any more comfortable for us to admit the fact. We kept our relationship between us, and preferred it that way until we knew that this was a serious thing.
Spring break was coming up in two days, and I wanted to ask Lauren to come with me to my cabin in the mountains. I remembered how she said she had an obsession with them earlier in the year and figured this would be a perfect time to take her. I always went with a friend because we had two cabins: one for me and whoever I decided to bring, and the other reserved for my parents and my little sister, Sofi. I had to admit that having a cabin with Lauren to ourselves may not be the best idea, but at this point I didn't care and I was eager to invite the girl, for obvious reasons.

I had asked my parents on Tuesday night if it was alright for Lauren to come with us this year, and they nodded, barley even paying attention to my question. I planned on asking Lauren about her plans in the art room during our lunch period.

The hours before lunch were always the longest. My I had my three least favorite classes: math, chemistry, and health during my first three hours of school, none of which I got to see Lauren. All of our morning classes where on opposite sides of the building, so there was no way of running into her in the hallways either. The day rolled by slowly. I was eager to see Lauren, and I was anticipating our week in the mountains if she was allowed to go. I knew how happy she would be about going to the mountains, and I could imagine her smile when I asked her. The one where her eyes squinted together and you could see all of her teeth. I had images in my mind of us hiking to the top of the mountain together to watch the sun rise and set, and coming back to the cabin to drink tea and watch movies in oversized t-shirts. Mere fantasies, I know, but I can dream right?

I skipped into Mrs. Trainor's room eagerly, greeting her with my usual smile, before making my way to my seat next to Lauren. She was already sitting in her normal spot, eyebrows scrunched in concentration on the painting in front of her. I plopped down and in my seat, unable to remove the huge grin that had appeared on my face.

"Why so chipper?" Lauren asked, a smile forming on her face, mimicking mine.

"So...if I am correct, spring break happens to be next week..." I stated suspiciously.

"Correct.." she replied, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, if I am correct, someone is going to visit the mountains where her family has a cabin, and I'm sure this somebody would love to be accompanied by the beautiful Lauren Jauregui, if she were kind enough to accept their offer." I said, going about my business nonchalantly.

"I'm sure Lauren Jauregui would love to go to the mountains, but not with just anyone... I think she would prefer to go with Camila Cabello... If only that were the someone..." Lauren played along with a dramatic sigh.

"Really?" I asked, not sure if she was joking around or actually wanted to go.

"Really what?" she answered.

"Will you really go to the mountains with me? My family has two cabins there, and I know how much you love the mountains... Plus it won't cost you anything because we own the cabins and we can do whatever we want because my parents sort of do their own thing and I mean of course it's okay if you're already doing something..." I rambled nervously.