Chapter 15

Camila's P.O.V.

Today was the day. Wednesday. Three months after I told Lauren how I felt. Today was the day I was going to ask Lauren Jauregui to be my girlfriend, and I couldn't have been any more nervous and excited than I was right now.

I turned my head to face Lauren, but she was already awake, her eyes fixed on me. Eye contact with the older girl never failed to take my breath away. Her bright emerald eyes were nothing short of mesmerizing and I felt my breath hitch in my throat at the sight of them in such a close proximity. I released a huge gasp of air that I didn't know I was holding in and smiled to the green eyed girl. I could definitely get used to waking up to the sight of her every morning.

"Morning, Camz." Lauren said. It was evident that she had just woken up because her voice was an octave lower than it usually would have been.

"Good morning, Lolo." I replied, blinking my eyes a couple of times to adjust them to the bright glow of our bedroom.

"So, what's the surprise?" she asked eagerly. She had obviously been thinking about it since I told her last night, but I refused to give it away.

"I'm still not telling you, Lauren." I rolled my eyes in amusement, "but I will tell you we are going hiking. That's it. But we are going later because right now I just want to lay with you because you are super cute and cuddly. And yes, I just said that out loud."

I was surprised by my own statement because I wasn't typically so straight forward about my thoughts, but if I was going to be completely honest with anyone, it would be Lauren. Each day I found the girl increasingly irresistible and each day I found myself wanting more of her. All of her.

"Okay, Camz, but you're the cute one here. Let's be honest." she replied.

"No way, Lauren. That's you. Don't argue with me because I'm right!" I shot back playfully, causing the girl to smack me lightly on the arm.

"Whatever Camila, you know I'm right." she stated firmly.

I stopped the banter there because I knew she wasn't going to let up, being the stubborn person that she was, but in this case, her refusal to give up was adorable so I didn't mind.

"Well anyway, do you want to watch The Notebook and The Perks of Being a Wallflower? They are my two favorite movies and we have a ton of time to waste. I actually used to be so in love with Logan Lerman and Ryan Gostling." I said timidly.

I didn't know if she actually wanted to watch the movies because, although me and Lauren had been acting like we were a couple for a while now, I really didn't know much about the girl sitting beside me. I knew that she didn't want to open herself up to me if I wasn't serious about us and I hoped today would let her know that I really cared for her as much as she cared for me. I wanted to get to know all of her quirks, her bad habits, her interest, the things she loved, the things she hated, what she thought about right before she went to sleep; I wanted to know the good and the bad parts of her and I wanted to help her see how wonderful she truly is. I just hoped today worked out in my favor.

"Those are actually two of my favorite movies... But I hope you're not still in love with Logan and Ryan." she chuckled.

"Someone's jealous?" I half asked, half stated, a smirk appearing on my face.

"Maybe a little..." she said jokingly. Or was she joking? There was a possibility that that could actually upset her, especially since I had dated guys in the past.

"He's not as cute as you though, Lo." I reassured, nuzzling my head into her neck and resting it on her shoulder.

"Shut up, Camz." she said, but a wide smile spread across her face despite her efforts to conceal it.