Chapter 62: Maybe This Christmas

~December's POV~
I woke up to an empty bed. Well not entirely. A suitcase was laying on it. Oh no. Well Feb had told me that he had to leave for an Alpha only meeting. He had already said goodbye to our son and daughter. He walked into or room. I stood up and kissed him.
"Be safe." I said.
He smiled.
"Always." February said.
I sighed. It's Christmas Eve too. I watched him walk out and get in his Camero. I silently cried as I and our children watched his tai lights fade into the fog of the early dawn. I played Just Dance 4, Twister and Pictionary with our kids. Oh sorry, forgot to tell ya. Rogerick Fred isn't our son, he's 15. Annalise May is our daughter, she's ten. I sighed. Finally it hit 8:30. Bedtime for Rogerick and Annalise. I put them to sleep and got in bed.

------- [Next Morning] -------

I woke up to my cell phone ringing. It was the Fighter Jet Pack.
"Luna December speaking." I said.
"Your mate, February..." Ex Luna October said.
"Yeah?" I asked, nervousness in my voice.
"He was killed in a car accident about an hour ago." October said.
Tears started spilling out of my eyes.
"On Christmas..." I whispered.
"I'm so sorry. This has to be hard. I'll have his body transported to your territory." October said.
I nodded.
"Okay. H-How did it happen?" I asked.

"An 18-wheeler hit him head on. T-boned him. It was a hit and run too. We don't know who the truck driver was, er, is. Since we've no 18-wheelers in our territory. So it had to be an outsider. I am very sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry it has to be on Christmas. Please... Don't hesitate to call if you need something, anything." October said.
I nodded. Why do I keep doing that knowing damn well he can't see me? I don't know. Alls I know is my children are now fatherless. This will ruin Christmas for them.
"Dad! Santa came!" Rogerick shouted.
I smiled.
"Thanks October. I'll keep it in mind." I said.
"Anytime. And, uh, merry Christmas." October said.
"Same to you." I said.
I hung up. I patted the bed and Annalise and Rogerick sat on the bed.
"Daddy? Why you crying?" Annalise asked.

"Daddy won't be home for a long while." I said.
"Where is he?" Rogerick asked.
"He got into a car crash." I said.
Annalise didn't quite understand what happened. Rogerick does. He understands. But out of us all, he's the most like February.

Emotionally, he's the strongest.

Mentally, he's the strongest.

But I could see he was close to losing it. Annalise hugged him.
"Brover? Where is daddy?" Annalise asked.
Annalise can't pronounce 'th' sounds well yet.
"Daddy won't be here for a long time. Daddy got hurt really bad." Rogerick said.
Annalise started crying. I think she just put two and two together. She was really close to me but she liked Feb too. Rogerick was almost glued to Feb. Now he's gone from all three of our lives.

My poor babies.

And I'm too weak to do anything. Annalise ran out of our bedroom and her bedroom door slammed shut. Rogerick walked out and I could hear him start crying when he got to his room. What a shitty Christmas this turned out to be...

~Rogerick's POV~
Dad's gone. And the worst part is that Annalise doesn't understand what's happening. She sort of does but not really. She isn't stupid but has a really hard time understanding things. She has PTSD. So that's what makes it hard for her to understand certain things.
"Brover?" Annalise asked.
I faced her.
"Yes?" I asked.
She started crying and hugged me. I held her in my arms.
"Daddy isn't coming back is he?" She asked.
"No." I said.
"We'll never see him again?" She asked.
I sighed.
"When we die, we will. Until then, no." I said.
She whined. My poor sister. Little does anyone know... My own little sister...

Is my mate.

"Hey sis?" I asked.
She looked up at me.
"Yeah?" She asked.

"Merry Christmas." I whispered.

********************************************

Bam!!

Another chapter written and posted.

Done and done!

What'd you guys think of it?

The song 'Maybe This Christmas' belongs to Shane Dawson!

It's my fav holiday jam.

And as always...

STAY FABULOUS!!

But also...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

And...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!