Chapter 46: Darkness Said Hello

~January's POV~
Blood. It coated my territory in a sea of red. Everywhere. Almost my whole pack. Gone. Resting in their eternal slumber. Out of 500, 250 remain. Then I saw them. Deimos. Demos. Mattiaccio. Walter. Hatred burned in my soul. But I knew I could hurt them. Sparta. She'd never forgive me. They had ran. Sensing my fury. I ran after them. The only thing I could do. I had to terminate the problem. At its source.

-----

Running. Shallow breathing. Running. The tree roots tripping me. But still. I pushed on. As an Alpha always should. Alpha. Such a strong term. But a powerful term at that. I kill those four. Their positions free. If their packs were smart. They join me. Thorns and vines from roses and trees. Cutting my wrists. Just above my paws. I still chased after them. Pushed forward. As they say. I'm an Alpha. The strongest breed. My paws ached. They burned. My muscles tense. All of a sudden.

They stopped.

"Why are you on my territory?! Why did you start a war?!" I shouted.
Deimos growled.
"You have what belongs to us. Our pack merged. So they now have four powerful Alphas. More than enough to take you out. And take back what is ours!" Deimos shouted.
I snarled.
"She is happy with me! In case you've forgotten, the two is have two sons together. And we planned on having more." I said.
They four of them snarled at me. They obviously didn't like that idea.
"She belongs to us!" Demos shouted.
"I think not! You rejected her when you started hanging around with that slut Deanna. And she already accepted the rejection from her sorry excuse for brothers!" I shouted.
Her brothers hung their heads down in shame.
"They're still her brothers!" Deimos shouted.
"She doesn't seem to agree." I said.
"WHAT?!" Mattiaccio and Walter shouted together.
I mentally chuckled.
"You heard me." I said.
"What. Are. You. Talking. About?" Walter asked.
"She stopped seeing you both as brothers as soon as you rejected her." I said.
They turned silent.
"Leave mine and Sparta's pack alone! We've done nothing to you. And if she was here, she'd beat your damn asses! But she's calming down our sons. The females and their children." I said.
They growled and ran at me.
"Four against one. It hardly seems fair." I said.
They attacked me. Deimos took his claws and shoved them into my chest and with all his might, threw me back into a tree. To say it hurt when my back hit the sharp bark was an understatement. It completely knocked the breath out of me. Demos pulled my tail and bit it. Fight back! Mattiaccio dragged his claws from the top of my shoulders to just above my waist on the front side of my body. That's way to deep. I can already see my vision getting hazy. Walter scratched my face.
"Alpha January!" Beta Gyser shouted.
I looked at him.
"Help me..." I said.
"Alpha! Stay with us! For your mate and your sons." Beta Gyser said.
"I am... Staying with you. Delta Richard... Help me up." I said.
"Yes, Alpha." He said.
Delta Richard helped me. He handed me clothes in which I had to balance myself on him to change. I was embarrassed. But I knew none of them cared. They were all scared to death because I was hurt.
"Is... Is Sparta okay?" I asked.
"She and you sons are fine. So is everyone else." Delta Richard said.
I nodded.
"Beta Gyser?" I asked.
"Yes, my Alpha?" He asked.
"Kill them." I said.
"As you wish, Alpha." He said.
Delta Richard slung my arm over his shoulder. My lead warrior, Jesper, did the same. And together we walked back to my pack house.
"How many... Members are left?" I asked, my voice getting hoarse.
"Shh... We'll talk business later. You need Sparta, your mate, if you ever want to heal." Delta Richard said.
True. I didn't have the energy to argue or command him. The remainder of our pack looked at me. They've never seen their Alpha this hurt. But they still bowed down to me. Even in my state. But I could sense all their fear and worry and nervousness. And I felt bad. Knowing I'm the one that caused it. Sparta was in the infirmary. She gasped when she saw me. I pretended not to look injured.

She ran to me. She slammed her chest into mine. Coursing pain burned through my veins. Giving me a headache. And I started to get dizzy for a few seconds. But the dizziness quickly faded. She looked at me.
"What happened?" She asked.
Delta Richard and Lead Warrior Jesper lifted up my shirt. The long, 5 inch deep, claw marks were all over my chest. In a weird zig-zag, diagonal, jagged line. In other words, a line that held jealousy and hatred.

And that's when my face met the floor.

And darkness said hello...